RDL FP-DFC2 Digital Audio Format Converter (24/192)
PA SKU # RDL FPDFC2 MFR # FP-DFC2 UPC # 813721012623
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Single Source S/PDIF to AES
- Coaxial, Optical & BNC Input
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Cabinet, Shelf or Rack Mounting
The FP-DFC2 is part of the group of versatile FLAT-PAK products from Radio Design Labs. The unique FLAT-PAK case can be directly screwed or bolted to cabinets or shelves. Optionally available rack-mounting accessories permit single or multiple FLAT-PAK module mounting. All FLAT-PAK modules are supplied with a power interconnect cable for daisy-chaining multiple modules from a single power supply.
Digital Audio Format Converter - SPDIF to AES/EBU (24/192)
The FP-DFC2 is the ideal choice in many applications where an SPDIF source must be connected to AES/EBU professional digital audio equipment. The digital input and output connections are made on the top panel jacks. Power connections are made using either the full-size barrier block terminals or a dc power jack located in an end panel. A second dc power jack is provided on the other end panel for connecting additional Flat-Pak modules.
Three jacks are provided for SPDIF inputs: Phono, BNC and Optical. The BNC jack can also receive an AES-3ID signal. Any one of these input jacks may be used. The AES/EBU output connects through an XLR jack. The electrical output is transformer isolated. The input signal is decoded and reassembled in the AES/EBU format. All header information common to both SPDIF and AES/EBU standards is inserted in the output data stream. An LED indicator is illuminated when a valid, locked digital input signal is being converted to the output.
A frequent problem encountered with consumer and professional quality digital audio equipment is unpredictable latch-up when digital signals are switched or connected to a digital input. Sure-Lok auto-recovery circuitry unique to the FP-DFC2 monitors the most frequent causes of latch-up and reinitiates digital signal lock, bringing a new higher level of stability to digital audio format conversion under the variety of conditions encountered in professional environments.
The FP-DFC2 has several unique features which set it apart from other professional converter devices: 1] All header information common to both formats is provided in the AES/EBU output, not just selected information. 2] Anti-latch-up control circuits provide highly stable operation. 3] The electrical output is transformer isolated. 4] The FP-DFC2's design permits it to be easily mounted, particularly in confined spaces and in various locations in equipment racks.
- Conversion from SPDIF to AES/EBU
- Conversion from AES-3ID to AES/EBU
- Exclusive Sure-Lok Auto-Recovery
- Automatic Sample Rate Detection
- Coaxial or Optical Input
- Valid Signal LOCK LED Indicator
- Transformer Isolated Output
- Full Operation up to 24 bit / 192 kHz
- Cabinet, Shelf or Rack Mounting
- Inputs (3): 75 Ω SPDIF (phono or BNC) or optical, AES-3ID (BNC)
- Output: AES/EBU balanced XLR transformer isolated
- Sample Rate: 32 kHz to 192 kHz
- Resolution: 16 to 24 bits
- Standards: IEC958, SPDIF and EIAJCP340/1201; AES3-1992 Amendment 3-1999
- Indicators (2): LED LOCK indicator (locked to a valid signal); POWER
- Power Requirement: 24 Vdc @ 30 mA, Ground-Referenced
- Overall Dimensions: Height: 1.34 in. 3.40 cm
- Width: 3.25 in. 8.26 cm
- Length: 4.81 in. 12.22 cm
- Ambient Operating Environment: 0 C to 55 C
Write Your Own Review