Radial J33 Turntable Direct Box
PA SKU # RE J33 MFR # R800 1300 UPC # 676101035762
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 1 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
RIAA Turntable Preamp and DI for Dynamic Phono Cartridges
RIAA Turntable Preamp and DI for Dynamic Phono CartridgesThe Radial J33 is a combination phono preamplifier and purpose built stereo direct box made to handle the rigors of the professional recording studio and the abusive environment of live touring. But don't let the tough exterior fool you... the J33's sonic performance will easily surpass many audiophile preamps costing much more.
Designed specifically for dynamic cartridges, the J33 begins with a low noise front end. Inputs are standard RCA with the required turntable ground lug. A precise RIAA low pass filter is tailored to produce a smooth, warm response. The signal is then buffered to provide the audio system with a standard -10dB signal with choice of RCA connectors for compatibility with home HiFi entertainment systems, 3.5mm (1/8") output to feed a laptop or iPod, or a stereo TRS 1/4" jack for an audio recorder. A second set of direct box XLR outputs deliver a mic level signal to feed a concert snake, mic splitter and mixing desk preamp inputs. A rumble filter is also available for high sound pressure environments to reduce bothersome resonant feedback.
As with all Radial DIs, the J33 features a 14 gauge steel enclosure with a unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and connectors. The internal I-Beam construction ensures maximum rigidity while ensuring minimal stress on the sensitive solder joints. These combine to provide exceptional shielding against noise while ensuring greater dependability in the most demanding environments.
The Radial J33, a high performance turntable preamp that is ideally suited for music playback, archiving, DJing and sampling.
- Combination RIAA Phono preamp and DI box
- Stereo RCA, 1/4" TRS, 3.5mm and XLR outputs
- Built -in low frequency rumble filter
- Choice of 48V phantom or DC supply
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Audio circuit type: Active circuit
- Frequency response: RIAA response curve for phonographic playback
- Signal to noise ratio
- Dynamic range: 91 dB
- Noise floor: -82 dBu @ 0 dBu output
- Equivalent input noise
- Maximum input: -30 dBu @ 1kHz
- Nominal Input: -50 ~ -40 dBu @ 1kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% @ 1kHz (-33 dBu input level)
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.025% @ -45 dBu input
- Input impedance: 47k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: XLR out: 600 Ohms; 1/4", 3.5mm, RCA outs: 470 Ohms
- LED power LED: Two indicators illuminate when power is applied
- Low-Cut filter: -3dB @ 100Hz (rumble filter)
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell, baked enamel finish
- Size: Size: 5" x 6.25" x 2" (127 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
- Power: +48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA external supply (included)
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Write Your Own Review
More from Radial