Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
PA SKU # NOV PEAK MFR # PEAK UPC # 815301000761
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 8-Voice Polyphonic Synthesiser
- 3 Oxford Oscillators Per Voice
- Pre- & Post-Filter Distortion
- Polyphonic Aftertouch & Linear FM
- Reverb, Delay & Chorus Effects
- Compact Desktop Design
Peak is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables - so are able to cross-modulate in an recursive loop.
Eight-Voice Desktop Polyphonic Synthesiser with Three New Oxford Oscillators for Each Voice
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice - pre-filter, post-filter and global - in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary 'via' assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion
- Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons for instant modulation switching
- High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
- Novation Peak polyphonic synthesiser
- USB cable
- Power supply
- Peak Included Software
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Peak is class compliant, so will work with any modern Mac, Windows or Linux PC. For further information see the Novation web site.
Write Your Own Review