Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic 8-Channel Mic Preamp
Special Price $549.99 You Save $50.00 Originally $599.99
PA SKU # FOC SCARLETTOCTOPRED MFR # SCARLETT-OCTOPRE-DYNA UPC # 815301008507
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 8-Channel Preamp & ADAT Interface
- 2nd-Generation Scarlett Preamps
- AD/DA with Sample Rates up to 192 kHz
- Dual Instrument Inputs
- 8 x Combination XLR / 1/4" Inputs
- 8 x 1/4" Balanced Line Outputs
- Compressor on Each Channel
- 48V Phantom Power for Every Channel
- BNC Word Clock I/O
- Suitable for Studio or Live Use
Eight-Channel Microphone Preamplifier with A-D/D-A Conversion & Analog CompressionThe Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic from Focusrite is an eight-channel preamp and interface suitable for expanding the input array of any studio, and also, for use on stage. Connections are secured via eight combination inputs, each one giving you jacks that accept 1/4" and XLR cables. Two of the inputs can handle Hi-Z instruments as well, allowing you to plug in guitars and basses. Eight 1/4" line outs are also available via the rear panel. Also provided are eight channels of AD/DA conversion up to 192 kHz. This feature, combined with the unit's back-panel ADAT I/O section, renders the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic quite suitable for expanding the input and output capability of interfaces such as the Scarlett 18i8, 18i20, or indeed, any interface connectable via ADAT.
As its name suggests, the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic provides a compressor on each individual input-more specifically, a soft-knee VCA compressor operated by a signal knob. You can use this compressor in transparent mode for a more natural transient-taming response, or depress the More button to achieve a more noticeable sound out of the compressor. Along with the dynamic controls, the high-headroom, 2nd-generation Scarlett mic preamps render the unit suitable for recording loud sound sources, such as drums.
48V phantom power is available to power condenser microphones, as is a sample-rate selection button, a word clock sync button, instrument mode button, and more-all controllable from the front panel. 5-segment LED input metering provides an accurate readout of your levels. With its flexibility in accepting/routing signal via ADAT or analog connection points, you'll find this device useful in both studio and live environments.
- Eight 2nd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Analog compression on every channel
- Eight balanced line inputs
- Focusrite precision AD/DA conversion up to sample rates of 192 kHz
- Two front-panel instrument input controls
- Pad-induced headroom for tracking loud sources such as drums
- Eight balanced line outputs - suitable for live use
- 5-segment LED input metering
- ADAT connectivity via optical cables
- 48V phantom power available on every channel for condenser mics
- Digital clocking with Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Included Softube Time and Tone bundle (software)
- Included Focusrite Red 3 plug-in suite
Write Your Own Review
More from Focusrite
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface (2nd Generation)Special Price $179.99 You Save $40.00 Originally $219.99
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface (2nd Generation)Special Price $449.99 You Save $100.00 Originally $549.99