Eminence LAB 12C 12" Subwoofer Speaker, 4 Ohm
PA SKU # EMN LAB12C MFR # LAB 12C UPC # 876358002108
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
12" Subwoofer, 4 Ohm, 400 Watt
12" Subwoofer, 4 Ohm, 400 WattThe LAB 12C, from Eminence, is a 4-ohm take on the original LAB 12 subwoofer (for more information on the LAB 12, visit the History of the LABhorn thread at ProSoundWeb). The 12C features the same long-throw construction with a heavy-duty 12-spoke die-cast aluminum frame and Kevlar reinforced paper cone. A lower impedance voice coil is designed to handle 500W RMS, 1,000W program power, and extract even more power from your amplifier, while nickel-plated, spring-loaded speaker terminals offer quick connection. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Eminence's LAB 12C is designed to perform optimally in a small, sealed 1 cubic foot enclosure, or a 1.25 cubic foot vented enclosure (using a 4" diameter port that is 14.75" long for a 38 Hz tuning frequency) for automotive use. When used in either application, it is recommended to use a steep 35 Hz high-pass filter.
For home theater use, Eminence recommends a 4.5 cubic foot ported enclosure using a 4" diameter port that is 14.5" long that tunes the cabinet to 28 Hz and yields an F3 of 29 Hz. When used in this manner, a steep 25 Hz high pass filter is recommended.
For even more enclosure recommendations, see the Related Items section.
- Double stacked 80 oz. ferrite magnets
- Copper voice coil on Polyimide former
- 12-spoke die-cast aluminum basket
- Kevlar reinforced paper cone with foam cone edge
- Vented and extended pole piece
- Nominal Basket Diameter: 12", 304.8mm
- Nominal Impedance*: 4 ohms
- Power Rating**
- Watts: 500W
- Music Program: 1000W
- Resonance: 22.85Hz
- Usable Frequency Range: 25Hz - 0.12kHz
- Sensitivity***: 88.9dB
- Magnet Weight: 160 oz.
- Gap Height: 0.37", 9.53mm
- Voice Coil Diameter: 2.5", 63.5mm
- THIELE & SMALL PARAMETERS
- Resonant Frequency (fs): 22.85Hz
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.11
- Coil Inductance (Le): 1.09mH
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 11.7
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 0.34
- Total Q (Qts): 0.33
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 128.31 liters / 4.53 cu.ft.
- Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume (Vd): 659cc
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.36mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 13.36 T-M
- Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (MMs): 135.63 grams
- Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP): 67.29
- Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax): 13mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 506.7 cm2
- Maximum Mechanical Limit (Xlim): 22mm
- MOUNTING INFORMATION
- Recommended Enclosure Volume
- Sealed: 28.32-118.9 liters / 1-4.2 cu.ft.
- Vented: 39.64-141.5 liters / 1.4-5 cu.ft.
- Driver Volume Displaced: 188.6 cu.in. / 3.09 liters
- Overall Diameter: 12.32", 312.93mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter: 10.98", 278.9mm
- Front Sealing Gasket: Fitted as standard
- Rear Sealing Gasket: N/A
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 0.26", 6.6mm
- Mounting Holes B.C.D.: 11.77", 299mm
- Depth: 6.44", 164mm
- Net Weight: 22 lbs, 10 kg
- Shipping Weight: 23.8 lbs, 10.8 kgs
- MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
- Coil Construction: Copper voice coil
- Coil Former: Polyimide former
- Magnet Composition: Double stacked 80 oz. ferrite magnets
- Core Details: Vented and extended core
- Basket Materials: 12-spoke die-cast aluminum basket
- Cone Composition: Kevlar-reinforced paper cone
- Cone Edge Composition: Foam cone edge
- Dust Cap Composition: Dual inverted dust caps
Write Your Own Review
More from Eminence