Doug Fleenor 2322DMX RS-232 to DMX Converter
PA SKU # DF 2322DMX MFR # 2322DMX
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- RS-232 to DMX Converter - Note: See Web Site for RS-232 Protocol
RS-232 to DMX Converter - Note: See Web Site for RS-232 ProtocolThe analog to DMX512 converter accepts 48 discrete analog control voltages and generates a DMX512 control signal based on these inputs. The most common configuration converts each analog signal to one DMX512 output level with the first analog input being converted to DMX512 input number one, the second analog input being converted to DMX512 slot number two, and so forth. The input analog control voltage is usually zero-to-ten volts, but units can be modified to accept virtually any control range.
More customized analog to DMX512 converters can provide further functionality. The ANL2DMX can source voltage for external potentiometers or switches to control each output channel. Additionally the outputs can be programmed at the factory to produce specific values based on the inputs. Some of these advanced features have been used to provide cue triggering for Flying Pig Systems Hog II Console; and 24 personal single channel controls for talent lighting specials for a Readers Theatre. The possibilities are only up to the creativity of the end user. Give us call so we can assist you in your application, we like to talk with our customers.
Analog to DMX512 converters have the DMX512 output electrically isolated from the analog input. This is desirable when interfacing control systems which may have incompatible grounding schemes.
- DMX data rate: 250 Kb/s
- DMX circuit: ESD protected EIA-485 transceiver (LT1785)
- DMX signal: Fully opto-isolated, bi-directional
- DMX connectors:
Gold plated male 5 pin XLR (Neutrik D-1 series).
Gold plated female 5 pin XLR (Neutrik D-1 series). All pins wired through.
Pin 1 = common, Pin 2 = Data-, Pin 3 = Data+.
- RS-232 data rate: 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit, no parity
- RS-232 circuit:
RS-232 driver (MAX232)
Outputs are short circuit protected but not over voltage protected.
- RS-232 signal: RS-232 driver yields an approximate +/- 10 volt signal
- RS-232 connector:
Pin 2 = receive, Pin 3 = transmit, Pin 5 = common, Pin 7 = RTS, Pin 8 = CTS
(DB9 Female to Female, null modem cable provided)
Gold plated female 3 pin XLR (Neutrik D-1 series).
Pin 1 = common, Pin 2 = receive, Pin 3 = transmit.
- User interface: Start address set via a three digit thumbwheel switch
- Indicators: Red power LED, Green DMX signal LED, Green MIMIC LED
- Power input: 100 - 120 volts, 50/60 hertz, 12 watts (208-240 volt optional)
- Color: Silver hammertone with black front and back panels
- Size and weight: 6.5" deep, 1.7" high, 8.25" wide 3.3 pounds (19" rack kits available)
Write Your Own Review