PA SKU # CAD M179 MFR # M179 UPC # 631922101102
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Side Address Design
- Multiple Pickup Patterns
- Large 1.1" Capsule
- 20dB Pad
- High-Pass Filter
- Internal Pop Filter
- Transformerless Circuitry
The CAD M179 combines a vintage capsule design with advanced electronics. The M179 features the dual pattern version of the original equitek e-300 capsule, an externally biased capsule with a gold sputtered 1.1" diaphragm.
Variable Pattern Externally Biased Condenser Microphone
Similar to the M177 except with an adjustable Polar Pattern, the M179 features a dual sided, externally biased capsule with a gold sputtered 1.1" diaphragm. The M179 has a high speed, low noise operational amplifier head amp, coupled with a new discrete high efficiency power supply circuit. This results in incredibly low noise, low distortion and fast transient response. The M179 will even work with 24-volt phantom supplies! The M179 also features a non-capacitive 20 dB pad switch and an 80 Hz high-pass filter.
- Continuously variable pattern with a "hard" cardioid center detent.
- Large 1.1" dual diaphragm external bias condenser capsule.
- Gold sputtered diaphragms.
- High SPL capability (143 dB SPL with pad)
- Transformerless balanced output circuits.
- 20 dB non-capacitive pad
- 6dB/Octave @ 100Hz high-pass filter
- Stainless steel internal pop/EMI filter.
- Type: Side address, external bias condenser
- Frequency Response: 10-20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Variable
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: -36 dBV (16mV) @ 1Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 11 dB-A
- Maximum SPL: 143 dB SPL (with pad)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.15%
- Switches: High-pass filter, 20dB pad
- High-Pass Filter: 100Hz, 6dB/octave
- Powering: Minimum requirements are 24-52V phantom power capable of delivering at least 8 mA.
- Connector: Three pin male XLR type.
- Finish: Durable charcoal gray urethane. Satin nickle plated front & rear screen.
- Dimensions: 2.25" (57.2 mm) Dia., x 7.00" (177.8 mm) High
- Net Weight: 17.8 oz. (506 grams)
- Furnished Accessories: MZM-5 elastic suspension shockmount
Write Your Own Review
More from CAD