AEA N22 Nuvo Stereo Kit Ribbon Microphones
PA SKU # AEA N22STEREOKIT MFR # N22 STEREO KIT
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Factory Matched Stereo Pair
- Increased Upper-Mid Presence
- Reduced Proximity Effect
- 141 dB Maximum SPL
- Heavily Protected Ribbon
- 2.35" Big Ribbon
- Robust, Easy-to-Use Design
- Small Form Factor
Stereo Pair of Nuvo Series Phantom-Powered Ribbon MicrophoneA NUVO Approach to the Ribbon Mic
The AEA N22 was designed with the singer-songwriter musician in mind. Hard working artists that have honed their musical craft for years feel strongly about their personal tone, so they need a microphone that translates their signature sound in a recording. The N22 delivers on exactly those key points - providing a great ribbon tone without the need for EQ in most applications. Just like the RCA 44, the N22 was designed by listening first and measured only after experienced musicians and engineers confirmed that the microphone sounded great. Consequently, it is a professional tool that holds up to the highest standards of recording. Bridging the gap between vintage and modern, ribbon and condenser, studio and live, the N22 is the perfect companion for musicians and engineers alike.
The Big Ribbon: reimagined
Featuring the same Big Ribbon technology that has earned AEA its reputation, the N22 offers an incredible sound in close-mic applications like acoustic and electric guitars, piano, vocals, and drums. With phantom-powered JFET electronics and a custom German transformer, the N22 achieves optimal performance with a wide range of preamps including USB or Firewire audio interfaces in home or project studio setups. The highly protected pure aluminum ribbon allows for using the N22 in live sound applications and vocal recording without the need for an additional pop-filter. The simplicity and the ease of use of the entire package allow the focus to be on capturing a great performance even in tight and difficult recording environments.
About the NUVO Series
The N22 is the first member of AEA's NUVO series of microphones. Rooted in the RCA tradition just like other AEA ribbons, all NUVO microphones are designed to offer a fresh approach to the ribbon transducer and represent Wes Dooley's take on the evolution of the ribbon microphone.
The NUVO Stereo Kit
AEA's NUVO Series Stereo Kit enables serious musicians and engineers to rapidly set up and accurately record in stereo on a single stand. The NUVO Stereo Kit consists of either two N22s or two N8s, and comes with all of the allgokkasten accessories necessary to easily configure the figure-eight microphones in Blumlein and near-coincident. The NUVO Stereo Kit includes a Heavy-Duty SKB travel case, the new AEA SMS stereo bar, two custom Windtech windscreens, a NUVO Blumlein coupler and mounting hardware. Download the NUVO Stereo Kit manual for more information.
- Designed with singer-songwriters, musicians, and home studios in mind
- Top end clarity of a condenser with a ribbon's smoothness
- Custom German toroidal transformer for 12dB more gain
- Highly protected ribbon for close-up use and live use with minimal proximity effect
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Sensitivity: 6.2 mV/Pa (-33.5 dBV) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- Off Axis Response
- Polar Pattern: Native bidirectional pattern
- Horizontal: : Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0° / 180° axis, -35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Transducer element
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 mu (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 0.185" (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35" (59.7 mm)
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Optional: Matched stereo pair, NUVO Windscreen, NUVO Stereo Kit
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labor, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Weight with Cable: 1 lb 13 oz (810 g)
- Weight with case: 12 oz (335 g)
- Height: 8.83" (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
Write Your Own Review
More from AEA