PA SKU # ZOO IQ6 MFR # IQ6 UPC # 884354013264
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Same Condenser Mics Found in H4n
- Up to 16-bit/48kHz resolution
- Angle X/Y Mics at 90 or 120 Degrees
- Large Mic Gain Wheel
- Monitor Input with 3-Segment LED
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Headphone Jack Doubles as Line Out
- Removable Spacer Allows Use with Cases
- Works with Handy Recorder App
- Works with Many Other Apps
The iQ6 Stereo X/Y Microphone from Zoom turns your iOS device with Lightning connector into a field recorder for capturing the sounds of concerts, interviews, meetings, lectures and more, at up to 16-bit/48kHz resolution. The microphone uses the same two, high-quality, unidirectional condenser mics found in the popular H4n recorder, allowing your recordings to cover a wide area, while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition.
Stereo X/Y Microphone for iOS Devices with Lightning Connector
The X/Y microphones can be set at two different angles, 90 degrees for a tightly focused image, or 120 degrees for a more immersive wide-angle stereo. The input gain can be adjusted using the large, mic gain wheel on the front of the unit, while you monitor your levels using the 3-segment LED. The iQ6 also features a dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack, enabling direct monitoring during both recording and playback. The headphone output can also be used as a line out for making a backup recording if desired.
The iQ6 comes with a removable spacer that allows it to be used with most iPhone, iPad, and iPod cases. The mic is compatible with Zoom's free Handy Recorder app, which gives you the option to record as PCM or AAC files, and offers effects such as compression, EQ, and reverb. Additionally, it will work with Apple's Voice Memo app and GarageBand, as well as most apps that support input from an external microphone.
Zoom Handy Recorder App
Zoom's Handy Recorder app, available for free from the iTunes App Store, provides an assortment of tools for your iQ6 and iOS device. In addition to offering onscreen level metering, it enables you to set the iQ6 headphone volume, as well as adding an automatic recording function-handy for capturing the sound of meetings, speeches, and other situations. Choose linear PCM format for the highest quality sound or AAC format to conserve storage space, then apply compression, EQ and reverb effects to your recordings. Handy Recorder even allows you to email your files to friends and to upload them to SoundCloud for sharing with the world.
- Microphone: Unidirectional X/Y stereo (90°/120°) condenser
- Output Connector: Stereo mini 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack, (combined headphone/line level output)
- Resolution: 44.1 kHz / 16-bit, 48 kHz / 16-bit
- Input Gain: +11 to +51 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 130 dB SPL
- Connector: Lightning connector
- Power: Powered by the connected iOS device
- Compatible Devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
- Supported OS: iOS 6.0 or newer
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 1.2 x 2.1" (61.1 x 30.6 x 53.1 mm)
- Weight: 1.07 (30.5 g)
Write Your Own Review
More from Zoom
- Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 4 Guest Podcasting Studio Bundle with Audio-Technica BPHS1 HeadsetsSpecial Price $1,099.99 Price $1,217.99 Instant Savings $118.00
- Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable Podcasting Studio Bundle with AKG HSD271 HeadsetSpecial Price $629.99 Price $680.99 Instant Savings $51.00
- Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 2 Guest Podcasting Studio Bundle with Sennheiser HMD300 HeadsetsSpecial Price $949.99 Price $1,021.89 Instant Savings $71.90