Zoom F6 6-Input / 14-Track Multitrack Field Recorder
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Location Recording & Production Sound
- 32-Bit Float Recording Avoids Clipping
- 6x High-Gain, Low-Noise Mic Preamps
- Records 6 Inputs & Stereo Mix
- Ambisonics, WAV & MP3 Formats
- Supports Control via App or FRC-8
- Flexible Powering Options
- SD Card / USB Interface Recording
- AutoMix Software Reduces Mix Noise
- Precision Timecode Reader/Generator
Capture the Calm and the Storm with the Zoom F6s 32-Bit Float Recording and Built-In Look Ahead Limiting!
The Zoom F6 is the first professional field recorder to feature both 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters, providing an unprecedented amount of dynamic range. With 6 inputs, Zoom>'s solid time code, multiple power options and wireless control, the F6 is poised to be your new secret weapon.
32-Bit Float Recording
In the field, fluctuating dynamics can prove challenging. Loud sounds can cause clipping and quiet sounds can get lost in the noise. The F6 uses 32-bit float recording with dual A/D converters to capture both explosive and subtle sounds at full audio quality - without ever adjusting gain!
For Those Hard to Reach Places
Rugged enough to withstand the most demanding scenarios and small enough to fit into the tightest spaces, the F6 will become your go-to recorder.
Checks All the Boxes
The F6 is equipped with six high-quality preamps. Featuring a super-low noise floor
(-127 dBu EIN), high gain (up to 75 dB), and selectable mic/line levels for each input, the F6 is built for professional sound.
Precision Time Code
Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down for lunch. On or off, the F6's Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid LimitersWhen recording in 24-bit, the F6 uses advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters to provide overload protection. By adding a 1-millisecond delay, the limiters "look ahead" anticipating clipping before it's recorded.
Zoom AutoMix> lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
A Closer Look
A 1.54" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode gives you full visibility night and day.
B) Transport Controls
Record, Stop, Pause and Play are front and center for easy access in the field.
C) Level Controls>
Each input has a dedicated level knob.
D) USB Port>
The F6 features a USB-C connection allowing you to back up your files, live stream while recording and more. The USB port also doubles as a power port.
E) Line Out
The F6 is equipped with a 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced line out jack for quickly connecting to external mixers, cameras, recording devices and more.
F) BTA-1 Adapter Slot
Sold separately, Zoom's BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter provides wireless capability to this ultra-portable field recorder.
The F6 features six discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors.
H) Headphone Output
The F6 is equipped with a neutral-sounding 100 mW headphone amplifier with plenty of volume for noisy environments.
I) Time Code In/Out
A dedicated 3.5mm stereo mini jack offers flexible time code I/O for external audio or video devices.
J) SD Card Slot
Record up to 512 GB on an SD card while streaming or recording to your DAW.
K) L-Series Battery Connection
Count on the F6 through take after take when paired with a Sony L-Series battery.
Files and Formats
The F6 can record in 32-bit float up to 96 kHz, 24-bit up to 192 kHz or both simultaneously in BWF-compatible WAV formats.
Cataloging files with the F6 is quick and easy. Enter track name, scene names, notes, and more in both BWF and iXML.
Monitor What Matters
Use the F6 and your headphones to keep tabs on your tracks pre- or post-fader. Check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status.
iOS Wireless App
The F6's F ControlAPP lets you monitor signals, adjust levels, trigger transport controls, enter metadata and more from your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth.*
*Optional BTA-1 required
Fine Tune Your Mix
The Zoom F-Control (FRC-8) gives you more flexibility in the field. With 60 mm faders and controls for trim, pan and track-arming, the FRC-8 is a must-have for any professional filmmaker.
The F6's Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture professional spatial audio for VR, AR and more. Download the FREE Zoom Ambi-sonics Player software to decode and edit your 360-audio with ease.
- 6-channel/14-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 6 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and an EIN of -127dBu or less
- Switchable +4dBu inputs with mic/line options
- 32-Bit Float Recording & Dual AD converters
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix software
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and when powered off) I/O on 3.5mm stereo mini; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 4x AA batteries, Sony L-Series batteries, or Zoom AD-17 AC Adapter (L-Series batteries not included)
- 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with volume control SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 512 GB
- Use as an 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (up to 96kHz)
- Use as an audio interface and record to SD card simultaneously (up to 48kHz)
- Free Zoom F Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
- Portable Recorder
- Number of Tracks: WAV: 8 (6 Inputs + Stereo Mix)
- Max Sample Rate/Resolution: 192 kHz / 32-Bit
- Microphone: None
- Built-In Speaker: None
- Display: Color LCD (Backlit)
- Memory Card Support: SD, SDHC, SDXC (Up to 512 GB)
- Internal Storage: None
- Audio File Formats: BWF, MP3, WAV, iXML
- Sample Rates: WAV: 44.1 / 47.952 / 48 / 48.048 / 88.2 / 96 / 192 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 / 24 / 32-Bit
- Bit Rates: 128 to 320 kb/s
- Signal Processing: Limiter
- Timecode: Yes
- Frame Rates Supported: 23.976 / 24 / 25 / 29.97 / 29.97 DF / 30 / 30 DF
- Clock Accuracy: ±0.2 ppm (Timecode)
- Recording Time: WAV 48 kHz/24-Bit: 57.69 Mins per GB (Stereo)
- WAV 192 kHz/24-Bit: 14.41 Mins per GB (Stereo)
- Analog I/O: 6 x XLR 3-Pin Female Balanced Line/Mic Input (Lockable)
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Line Output
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Output
- Digital I/O: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Timecode In/Out
- Phantom Power: +24 / 48 V
- Phantom Power Current: ≤10 mA per Channel
- Host Connection: 1 x USB Type-C (I/O, USB 2.0)
- Gain Range: Mic Inputs: +12 to +75 dB
- Line Inputs: +8 dB to +55 dB
- Max Input Level: Mic Inputs: +4 dBu
- Line Inputs: +24 dBu
- Max Output Level: Line Outputs: +10 dBV
- Headphone Output Power: 100 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms
- Dynamic Range: Line Outputs: 95 dB
- Headphone Outputs: 108 dB
- Impedance: Mic Inputs: ≥3 kOhms
- Line Inputs: ≥5 kOhms
- Line Outputs: ≤100 Ohms
- Headphone Outputs: ≤15 Ohms
- Timecode Input: 4.6 kOhms
- Timecode Output: ≤50 Ohms
- EIN: ≤-127 dBu (A-Weighted)
- Power Options: Batteries or AC/DC Power Adapter
- Battery Type: 4 x AA (Included)
- 1 x L Series (Not Included)
- Approximate Battery Life: WAV 48 kHz/16-Bit
- 7.5 Hours (Alkaline, 2 Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- 10.5 Hours (NiMH, 2 Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- 16.5 Hours (Lithium, 2 Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- WAV 48 kHz/24-Bit
- 5 Hours (Alkaline, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- 7 Hours (NiMH, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- 10.5 Hours (Lithium, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom Off, with Headphones)
- WAV 192 kHz/24-Bit
- 0.5 Hours (Alkaline, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom On, with Headphones)
- 1.5 Hours (NiMH, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom On, with Headphones)
- 3.5 Hours (Lithium, All Channels, Backlit Display, Phantom On, with Headphones)
- AC/DC Power Adapter: 5 VDC (Not Included)
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 2.5 x 4.7" / 100.0 x 62.9 x 119.8 mm
- Weight: 1.2 lb / 530.0 g
- Zoom F6 6-Input / 14-Track Multitrack Field Recorder
- Camera-Mount Adapter
- 4 x AA Batteries
- Limited 1-Year Warranty