Zoom A1X Four Acoustic Multi-Effects Processor w/ Expression Pedal
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Over 90 Built-In Effects
- 30 Second Looper
- Up to 5 Effects Simultaneously
- 50 Memory Locations
- 68 Built-In Rhythm Patterns
- Onboard Chromatic Tuner
- ZOOM Guitar Lab Software
For Acoustic Guitar, Saxophone, Trumpet, Violin, Harmonica, Acoustic Bass, and More
With specially engineered effects, built-in looper and drum machine, the A1/A1X FOUR is the firstMulti-Effects Processor designed for a variety of acoustic string and wind instruments.
The A1/A1X FOUR is preloaded with over 80 effects, including more than 35 new groundbreaking effects designed and engineered for acoustic instruments.
X is for Additional Xpression
The A1X FOUR comes with 8 additional pedal-controlled effects to adjust volume, pitch, reverb, delay, and wah.
Unlock the Potential of Your Acoustic Guitar
Add a multitude of warm and rich tones to your guitar. From live “unplugged” performance sounds to the finger-playing style of country and blues, there’s so much to choose from. Gorgeous effects and acoustic guitar modeling will take your instrument to places it’s never been before.
Acoustic Guitar Modeling
Add depth and dimension with acoustic emulators and modeling. Refresh your instrument’s natural sound, allowing your live performances to sound just like your studio recordings. Select and hone in on the tone of your favorite guitar make and style.
The A1/A1X FOUR make it easier than ever to process the sound of your own Acoustic Guitar. With a selection of 15 factory presets (plus13 more available as free download on Guitar Lab), you can select your favorite AG MODEL, D-28 for example, and recover instantly the sound character of that renowned and original body shape.
IR (Impulse Response) technology is used to capture the sonic fingerprint all guitar shapes and bodies available on the A1/A1X FOUR and via Guitar Lab. Each AG MODEL can be adjusted with 4 parameters (Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble) to control the volume and refine the audio output of your modeled sound.
In Patches you can also set the AG Pickup Selector (AG PU SEL) to match your guitar’s pickup type (Piezo or Magnetic) and add a specific EQ modeled on a variety of dedicated processors.
Take Your Trumpet Back to the Future
From the bright sound of electric jazz to our signature Auto Wah sound effect, the A1/A1X gives you inspiration for any style you play. With the “Tp MD70” preset patch the Pedal Wah sound is tuned, resonates and adapts to the low frequency range and curve of the Trumpet.
More Body for Your Harmonica’s Soul
Play punchy, mid-range sounds of a blues harp, or experiment with your own new sounds. Breathing new life into your harmonica has never been so much fun.
Play through the preset patch “Hm StevieW” and get that famous harmonica sound as the chorus’s wet signal effect is modified to fit the frequency response of the chromatic harmonica.
The A1/A1X even provides you with a truly effective simulation of the Bullet Mic, also known by harmonica players as the Green Bullet. Select the preset patch “Hm Juke” and now hear the legendary amplified, warm tone of the Green Bullet come to life, even when using any standard vocal microphone.
Take Your Upright Bass to New Heights
With focused highs and rich lows, the A1/A1X Four gives you control and flexibility from classical to rockabilly and all styles in between. Add octaves, select your piezo effect or create your own unique signature sound.
Popular effects such as Distortion, Chorus and Wah are typically designed to work with the electric guitar. The A1/A1X FOUR provide all-new effects that are engineered to process the unique signals generated by acoustic instruments.
For example, with the sax and trumpet, original acoustic sounds are controlled by the musician blowing the horn with more or less intensity. As an example, the Wah effects are uniquely re-voiced in the A1/A1X FOUR by adding a Low Pass Filter (LPF) to best control the processed frequency response of the instrument. This allows musicians to hit the peak frequency points while still blowing naturally into the instrument, without losing any expected sonic response of attack and release.
Another example is the violin. The bowing attack is key to the expression of the violinist.
To recreate the electrified sensation of distortion without losing the bowing attack, the DIST effect for Violin shifts the clipping 1 octave higher, boosts the high frequency and reduces the lows. This creates a more balanced saturation that suits the sonic characteristics of the violin.
Guitar Lab Supported
With a free download, ZOOM Guitar Lab software explore an endless world of patches and effects. And with its added ability to edit effects and arrange patches designed for Acoustic Instruments, you can experiment and create endless combinations.
The Perfect Partner
The Zoom MAA-1 mic adapter provides a hassle-free connection to the A1/A1X FOUR. It works with dynamic microphones and even provides phantom power for condenser mics. Add effects to any acoustic instrument and adjust gain settings with the MAA-1’s easy-access controls.
Tap into Your Performance
Effortlessly toggle between patches and effects with two performance modes. MEMORY mode makes it easy to program your entire setlist by jumping from patch-to-patch. Use STOMP mode to turn individual effects on and off with the tap of your foot.
No More Feedback
The Anti-Feedback Filter detects and cuts frequencies that cause potential feedback.
Drums & Percussion Included
Choose from 68 rhythm patterns designed for acoustic music including Samba, Reggae, and Jazz. Play along with a variety of time signatures.
The built-in looper can record up to 30 seconds and allows you to create dynamic, multi-part arrangements.
- A1 FOUR offers over 90 built-in effects
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, and harmonica
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Looper for recording up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the Looper
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- A1 FOUR and A1X FOUR runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours; MAA-1 Requires 2 AA batteries
- USB port for firmware updates, power and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab
- Maximum number of simultaneous effects: 5
- User patches: 50
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Display: 128x32 dot matrix LCD
- Standard mono phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 470 kΩ
- AUX IN:
- Stereo mini jack
- Rated input level: -10 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 1kΩ
- Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphone)
- Maximum output level: Line +2 dBu (10 kΩ or more output impedance)
- Headphones 17 mW + 17 mW (32Ω load)
- Input S/N: 120dB
- Noise floor (residual noise): -97 dBu
- AC adapter: 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16)
- 4 AA batteries (about 18 hours continuous operation time when using alkaline batteries with the LCD backlight off)
- USB MIDI, USB Micro-B
- Power can also be supplied through the USB port.
- When using a cable designed only for power, other USB functions cannot be used.
- External dimensions:
- A1 FOUR
- Height: 156 mm (D) × 130 mm (W) × 42 mm (H)
- Weight: 340 g (excluding batteries)
- A1X FOUR
- Height: 156 mm (D) × 216 mm (W) × 52 mm (H)
- Weight: 610 g (excluding batteries)
- INPUT XLR balanced input (2: hot)
- Input gain: +3 – +30 dB
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +4 dBu
- +48V phantom power
- Standard mono phone jack
- Nominal output level: −20 dBu
- Maximum output level: +7 dBu
- Output impedance: 1 kΩ
- 2 AA batteries
- Continuous operation time (when phantom current is 3 mA)
- About 15 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- About 15 hours (using nickel metal hydride batteries)
- External dimensions:
- Height: 177 mm (D) × 23 mm (W) × 25 mm (H)
- Weight : 70 g (excluding batteries) 0 dBu = 0.775 V