Yamaha HS8S 8" Active Studio Subwoofer
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 150W Total Output
- 8" Cone Woofer
- 2x XLR Input
- 2x 1/4" TRS Input
- Low Resonance Enclosure
- Low & High Cut Controls
- 2x XLR Outputs for Extension Subs
8" Bass-Reflex Powered Studio Subwoofer
8" bass-reflex powered subwoofer delivers low frequencies down to 22Hz.
The HS8S 8" Powered Subwoofer from Yamaha features an eight-inch cone woofer that is capable of up to 150W of output. It can reproduce frequencies down to 22Hz and features variable low and high cut filters between 80 and 120Hz. You can connect to the HS8S through its stereo XLR or 1/4" TRS inputs. It also has stereo XLR extension sub outputs.
Low Resonance Enclosure Design
HS Series cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures are constructed from a dense MDF with a damped acoustic response. HS Series engineers also employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design, this construction firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to improve durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound
Noise Reduction Technology
Speaker port design can greatly influence the clarity of overall sound. Often a vortex at the either end of the port can generate air vibrations inside of the port, causing unwanted noise. By adopting a noise reduction technology that incorporates an analysis of a visual representation of the sound, Yamaha's engineers are able to control and reduce the vortex. Through this analysis Yamaha has arrived at a port design that reduces noise up to 6dB
Controls and Connectivity
The HIGH CUT control sets the cutoff frequency of subwoofer output high-frequency attenuation from 80Hz to 120Hz, while PHASE switch adjusts the phase of the subwoofer output. The LOW CUT switch and LOW CUT controls enables attenuation of low frequencies for output between 80Hz and 120Hz. The HS8S subwoofer is equipped with XLR and TRS phone jack inputs and for outputs XLR for L and R and EXT SUB out
- 8" bass-reflex powered subwoofer delivers low frequencies down to 22Hz
- 22Hz - 150Hz frequency response
- High-power 150W amplifier exclusively designed for low frequencies
- LOW CUT switch, LOW CUT control (80-120Hz) HIGH CUT control (80-120 Hz)
- PHASE switch allow users to set up a subwoofer system with simple connections and no additional equipment
- XLR and TRS phone for outputs and XLR for L and R and EXT SUB
- Speaker type: Powered subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 22Hz - 160Hz
- Components: LF: 8" cone
- Output power: 150W
- I/O connectors: INPUT: XLR3-31 type (balanced) x2, PHONE (balanced) x2 / OUTPUT: XLR3-32 type (balanced) x2 (L&R), XLR3-32 type (balanced) x1 (EXT SUB)
- Power consumption: 70W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material: MDF
W: 300mm (11.8")
H: 350mm (13.8")
D: 389mm (15.3")
- Net weight: 12.5kg (27.6 lbs.)
- Others: LEVEL control, PHASE switch : NORM./REV., HIGH CUT control (80-120Hz, center click), LOW CUT control (80-120Hz, center click), LOW CUT switch (ON/OFF)