XILS Chor'X - Combines Four Types of Vintage Chorus FX (Instant Download)
Emailed within 1-3 Business Days
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Easy and Fast Workflow
- Four Bucket-Brigade Delay Emulations
- Four Standard Chorus Structures
- Two 2-D Pads for Easy Tweaking
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine
- Advanced Dry/Wet Modulation w/ Impulse Follower
- Advance Amount Modulation w/ Envelope Follower
- Independent Right and Left Chorus Structures
- Advanced Preset Management
- All Parameters Are MIDI Controllable
4 Legendary Chorus Effect in a Single Unit
Chor'X combines four types of Vintage Chorus effects, based on Bucket-Brigade Delay (BBD) emulation with a sophisticated True Stereo Dynamic Spatializer.
With this duo, it becomes very easy to add space , depth, and other dimensions to your instruments, and achieve complex and intriguing mixes.
The Legacy/Advanced feature allows a fast workflow to choose and tweak your preferred chorus model.
You want only a standard famous chorus algorithm? Keep the Legacy view, select your specific mode, that's all! Just add a bit of space by moving the outputs in the Stereo field.
You want more, would like to change a bit the LFO rate or Amount of your chorus model? Click on the Advanced button and change the Chorus parameter as you did with the previous Chor'X version.
Bucket Brigade Delay types (BBD):
The Four Chor'X modes (Synthex, CS-80, Dim-D and V+ 330) have been patiently modeled after closely studying many vintage chorus units and deciphering what made them unique.
They aim to present some of the most famous archetypal structures found in those famous vintage units: 4 BB Delays, 2 BB Delays and 2 BB delays with phase tweaks, with or without internal com-pander. By combing these distinct chorus types, you can create chorusing effects from the most graceful and smooth to completely wild.
But this was not enough!
The True Stereo Dynamic Engine (TSDE):
Some Choruses were famous for the stereo width they could add to instruments.We pushed the concept a bit further by offering a True Stereo engine, so that you can position all the signals in a stereo image. True Stereo doesn't mean a simple panoramic tool, with our TSDE you can place an instrument in front of the stereo field or farther back: You master the Space!
To go a bit further
We added a few unique features, that you're used to finding in all Xils-lab instruments, features with musical meaning and sense!
Impulse Threshold: The Chor'X will not destroy the low end of your instruments, like some standard Chorus, but we also added a special Dry tool, which will let you treat percussive material while leaving the transients dry, only adding chorus to the tail of the instruments.
Dynamic Modulations: You can add automatic dynamic changes to the rate and the amount of all the BB Delay lines. This unique feature is the key to ever-changing very subtle or more devastating Chorus, and combined True Stereo effects.
And finally we packed all this in an intuitive and fast UI, with 2D pads which allow a very precise tuning of parameters like the Chorus rates, amounts etc, instant visual feedback, and the true joy of seeing your stereo image moving while the balls are dancing to the sound of your music.
- Easy and Fast workflow with the Legacy/Advanced mode
- Four Bucket-Brigade Delay emulations
- Four standard chorus structures (with special filtering and compander emulations)
- Two 2-D pads for easy parameters tweaking
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine
- Advanced Dry/Wet modulation with an impulse follower
- Advance Amount modulation with an envelope follower
- True stereo path with independent Right and Left Chorus structures
- Advanced preset management
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
- Mac OSX 10.5 and later: VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later),AAX (32/64 bits, native)
- Windows XP, Vista and 7,8,10: VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later),AAX (32/64 bits, native)
- Minimum system requirements: 1 Gigabyte of RAM and a 2 GHz processor.
- Warning: the XILS Chor'X is not a stand alone application, but a plug-in to be inserted into a music software application.