Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core - FireWire DSP Accelerator
PA SKU # UA SATQC MFR # SATQ-C UPC # 819937000669
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- External FireWire 800/400 Accelerator
- 4 Analog Devices SHARC Processors
- Analog Classics Bundle
- Audio Units
- Mac OS X
Satellite DSP Accelerator (FireWire) with Analog Classics Plug-In BundleSerious analog sound for MacBooks, iMacs, Mac minis, and more.
A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Intel-based Mac into the world's finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more.
UAD-2 Satellite packages feature a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit, plus the "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you massive analog character, right out of the box.
UAD-2: The industry's most respected collection of audio plug-ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment - from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The award-winning UAD library features nearly 60 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled "Custom" and "Ultimate" packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins a la carte from UA's Online Store.
Workhorse DUO or Professional QUAD processing power, wherever you go.
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available in two processing levels: DUO or QUAD, with either two or four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively. This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower "boost" for your MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac mini - letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins - no matter what the rest of your system is doing.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it's portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire port.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages.
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available as "Core," "Custom," and "Ultimate" software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (see contents above right). The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The QUAD Ultimate is UA's flagship Satellite package, and includes more than 55 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v6.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes.
Most people don't immediately think of audio software when they hear the word "craftsmanship." But that's what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses we hear from UAD users is, "Wow, I didn't know plug-ins could sound this good." That's because in developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA's engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially "rebuild" vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It's how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware - bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Intel-based MacBook Pros, iMacs, and Mac minis via FireWire 800/400 connection
- Access nearly 60 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes portable DSP Accelerator unit (FireWire format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in DUO and QUAD models w/ 2 or 4 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins "on the road," mixing on any Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire 800/400 port
- All packages include "Analog Classics" bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion compatible
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6" wide x 8" long x 1" high (weight: 2 lbs)
- 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
- 1 GB available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Write Your Own Review
More from Universal Audio