Universal Audio Apollo x8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with Real-Time UAD Processing
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 24-Bit/192 KHz Sample Rate
- Realtime Plugin Processing
- Zero Latency w/ UAD Plugins
- Thunderbolt 1 & 2 Compatibility
- HEXA Core Processor
- Combine up to 4 Apollos
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus
18-In/24-Out, 24-bit/192kHz, Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with 6-Core HEXA Core Processor, Elite-class AD/DA Conversion, Dual Crystal Clocking, 4 Unison Preamps, +24dBu Operation, Talkback, 7.1 Surround Support, and Realtime Analog Classics Plus Plug-In Package - Mac/PC AAX 64, VST, AU, RTASElite Audio Conversion with Four Unison Mic Preamps, New HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound Monitoring.
Apollo x8 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring* - all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 24 interface distinguishes itself with four Unison-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing - yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x8 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
- -Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available - at any price
-Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
-Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison technology*
-Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
-Work in surround formats up to 7.1*, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
-Integrated talkback and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters - ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -118 dB TD+N, Apollo x8's open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market - regardless of price - and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x8 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API, & Manley Preamps
Perfect for musicians, engineers, producers, and sound designers, Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and Universal Audio.** A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard Realtime UAD processing.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x8 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg.
- Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQMarshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
Precision Enhancer Hz
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x8 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,** it's like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24 dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x8 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x8 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x8 offers 18 x 24 simultaneous inputs/outputs (8 x 8 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps - giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more**
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format*
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Line Inputs: 8 Balanced ¼" TRS
- Microphone Inputs: 4 Balanced XLR
- Instrument (Hi-Z) Inputs: 2 Unbalanced ¼" TS
- Digital Inputs (Optical TOSLINK): ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 - 96 kHz
ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 - 192 kHz
- Digital Inputs (RCA): S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 - 192 kHz
- A to D Conversion
- Mic Preamps: Dynamic Range: 122 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: -115 dB (0.00019%)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.05 dB
- Line Inputs: Dynamic Range: 123 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: -113 dB (0.00022%)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.04 dB
- Line Outputs: 8 Balanced ¼" TRS
- Monitor Outputs: 2 Balanced ¼" TRS
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo ¼" TRS
- Digital Outputs (Optical TOSLINK): ADAT: 8 channels @ 44.1 - 96 kHz
ADAT: 4 channels @ 176.4 - 192 kHz
- Digital Outputs (RCA): S/PDIF: 2 channels @ 44.1 to 192 kHz
- D to A Conversion
- Line Outputs: Dynamic Range: 127 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: -118 dB (0.00011%)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.07 dB
- Monitor Outputs: Dynamic Range: 129 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: -118 dB (0.00012%)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.06 dB
- Headphone Outputs: Dynamic Range: 125 dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: -102 dB (0.00080%)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.05 dB
Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
6 gigabytes available storage
Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
macOS 10.12 Sierra or 10.13 High Sierra
Mac Pro (Late 2013 "black cylinder" model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2018
Available Thunderbolt 3 port
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (64-Bit Edition)