Out of stock
Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip
PA SKU # UA 6176 MFR # 6176 UPC # 819937000225
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- All-Tube Mic Preamp Section
- Signature 1176LN Compressor Section
- Mic, Balanced Line, & Hi-Z Inputs
- Ultra-Quiet Operation
- Hand-Built in USA
Channel Strip with 610B Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamp and 1176LN CompressorA Classic Tube Microphone Preamp and 1176-Style Compressor in a Single Unit.
The 6176 Vintage Channel Strip combines the alluring, all-tube sounds of the legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 microphone preamp, with the signature FET compression of our 1176LN, to create the ultimate recording channel strip. The warm, smooth tones of this mic preamp design - employed to record everyone from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen I - and the unique characteristics of the compressor, are two major reasons why the 6176 is found in studios around the world.
All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section - heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
"Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
Thanks to its straightforward controls and hallmark sound, the 6176 is the signal path of choice for engineering heavyweights like Vance Powell and Joe Chiccarelli, plus artists including Chris Martin of Coldplay, Norah Jones, Wyclef Jean, and James Mercer of The Shins. The ability to "Split" or "Join" the preamp and the compressor sections via a simple switch gives the 6176 added flexibility. This is truly UA's premier channel strip, and among the world's finest.
610B Mic Pre
The 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners. Michael Cooper, in his review for Mix Magazine, called it "hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard". Peter Wade, engineer/producer who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, "This box rocks." The 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.
1176LN Limiting Amplifier
As legendary engineer/producer Andy Johns put it, "The 1176LN is the workhorse compressor." The 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history. Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of it's Class A output amplifier have enhanced countless recordings over the last thirty-five years. We've recreated the 1176LN for the compressor section of the 6176 with the same exacting, attention to detail and tradition we use on our 1176LN. The resulting character, heritage and tone simply cannot be found on other channel strip units.
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section - heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
- "Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
- In "Join" mode, a single input signal is fed through the microphone/instrument preamp and then through the compressor. In "Split" mode, one signal can be fed into and out of the preamp/EQ section while a second can be fed into and out of the compressor section.
Write Your Own Review
More from Universal Audio