TC Electronic Finalizer 96K Studio Mastering Processor
PA SKU # TC FINALIZER96K MFR # 950100211 UPC # 5706622012753
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- True 24 bit / 96 kHz
- Multi-Band Mode
- Look Ahead Delay
- Format Conversion
- Sample Rate Conversion
Stereo Studio Mastering Dynamics ProcessorFinalizer 96K builds on our multi-award-winning mastering technology and delivers an unprecedented level of clarity, warmth and punch to your mix. 96 kHz internal and external processing truly puts the world of professional mastering within reach of every studio - large or small.
In short, Finalizer 96K dramatically enhances your material, creating that "radio ready" sound that was previously unattainable outside a professional mastering house.
True 24 Bit / 96 kHz
We have equipped Finalizer 96K with true 24bit resolution A/D and D/A converters, capable of translating AES/EBU, S/PDIF and TOS input to the Finalizer's internal or external rate. You also get full Up- and Down Sampling, and you can set the Sample Rate Conversion rate to 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kHz.
The ADAT interface enables you to choose 2 ADAT channels and direct them to other ADAT channels. This enables you to bounce tracks while processing the sound with the Finalizer's unique features. Finalize your mix and turn it into a masterpiece.
Finalizer 96K gives you all the features you need to add the finishing touch of magic to your mix. The multi-band processor will make your mix sound punchier and crispier, allowing you to easily turn your demo tapes into mastered recordings.
If you have a particular external device that you want to add to the arsenal of mastering tools, you can simply insert it via either the analog inputs or digitally via AES/EBU, S/PDIF or Tos-link. Likewise, you can also insert internal effects - for instance if you want to refine the overall EQ before compressing the signal.
Finalizer 96K comes with a wide range of extremely useful analyzing functions: Phase Correlation Meter, Level Flow Meter, Peak Hold Meter and Digital I/O Status. Even a Calibration Tone Generator is included with Finalizer 96K.
Make your mastering decisions on monitoring and serious analyzing!
The successful Wizard function is naturally a part of Finalizer 96K, and it will immediately calculate an optimal setting for your material, making mastering easy.
However, if you prefer total control, you can also delve in to the tiny details with more than 90 parameters.
Do the Dither
Dithering is very important when you interface digitally. The output resolution of Finalizer 96K is 24bit, but you can Dither from 8-22bits.
If your signal is in Stereo, Uncorrelated Dither is the best choice, if it is in Mono, Correlated Dither will be the most unobtrusive, and if your signal is unfocused, Inverse Dither may be your best choice.
- Convert - 24bit/96kHz AD/DA converters, Format conversion (AES/EBU, S/PDIF and Tos) ADAT interface
- Sample Rate Conversion - 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz and make even asynchronous conversion possible
- Shape - Five-band, 24bit Stereo Digital Equalizer
- Enhance - Dynamic EQ, Stereo Adjust, Digital Radiance Generator and Spectral Stereo Image
- Normalize - Real-time Gain Maximizer
- Expand - Variable Slope Multiband Expander
- Squeeze - Multiband Compressor
- Trim - Variable Ceiling multiband Limiter
- Fade - Manual or Auto Fade Tool
- Dither - Maintain the highest resolution at the digital AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs, Tos-link and ADAT
- Balance - L/R balance in 0.1dB steps
- Digital Inputs and Outputs
- Connectors: XLR (AES/EBU), RCA Phono (S/PDIF), Optical (Tos-link, ADAT)
- Formats: AES/EBU (24 bit), S/PDIF (24 bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958, EIAJ Optical (Tos-link), ADAT Lite pipe
- Output Dither: HPF/TPDF dither 8-24 bit, mono, stereo, inverted
- Word Clock Input: RCA Phono, 75 ohm, 0.6 to 10 Vpp
- Sample Rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Processing Delay: 0.2 ms @ 48 kHz, 0.1 ms @ 96 kHz
- Frequency Response DIO: DC to 23.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 48 kHz
- DC to 47.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 96 kHz
- Compressor THD+N: -130 dB (0.00003%) @ 10 dB Compression, 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sample Rate Conversion Type: Asynchronous
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB
- THD+N: -106 dB 44.1 to 48 kHz @ 1 kHz, -2 dBFS
- Input Rate Range: 31 kHz to 49 kHz
- Analog Inputs
- Connectors: XLR balanced (pin 2 hot)
- Impedance: 20 Kohm
- Max.Input Level: +22 dBu (balanced)
- Sensitivity: @ 12 dB headroom: -22 dBu to +10 dBu
- A to D Conversion: 24 bit (6.144 MHz delta sigma @ 48/96 kHz)
- A to D Delay: 0.8 ms @ 48 kHz, 0.4 ms @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >103 dB (unweighted, BW=22 kHz), >106 dB(A)
- THD: -95 dB (0,0018 %) @ 1 kHz, -6 dBFS (FS @ +16 dBu)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz: +0/-0.2 dB @ 48 kHz
- 10 Hz to 45 kHz: +0/-1 dB @ 96 kHz
- Crosstalk: <-60 dB, 10 Hz to 20 kHz, typical -90 dB @ 1 kHz
- Analog Outputs
- Connectors: XLR balanced (pin 2 hot)
- Impedance: 100 ohm (active transformer)
- Max. Output Level: +22 dBu (balanced)
- Full Scale Output Range: -10 dBu to +22 dBu
- D to A Conversion: 24 bit (6.144 MHz delta sigma @ 48/96 kHz)
- D to A Delay: 0.57 ms @ 48 kHz
- 0.28 ms @ 96 kHz>100
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB (unweighted, BW=22KHz), >104 dB(A)
- THD: -82 dB (0.008 %) @ 1 kHz
- -6 dBFS (FS @ +16 dBu)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- +0/-0.5 dB @ 48 kHz
- 10 Hz to 45 kHz
- +0/-3 dB @ 96 kHz
- Crosstalk: <-60 dB, 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- typical -90 dB @ 1 kHz
- Complies with: EN 55103-1, EN 55103-2, Class B of FCC rules/part 15, Class B of CISPR 22
- Certified to: IEC 65, EN 60065, UL 1419 and CSA E65
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- PCMCIA Interface
- Connector: PC Card, 68 pin type 1 cards
- Standards: PCMCIA 2.0, JEIDA 4.0
- Card Format: Supports up to 2 MB SRAM
- Control Interface
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru: 5 Pin DIN
- GPI, Pedal, Fader: 1/4" phone jack
- Finish: Anodized aluminum front, Plated and painted steel chassis
- Dimensions: 56 x 128 dot graphic LCD-display
- 19" x 1.75" x 8.2 (483 x 44 x 208)
- Weight: 5.2 lb. (2.35 kg)
- Mains Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select)
- Power Consumption: <20 W
- Backup Battery Life: >10 years
- Parts and Labor: 1 year
Write Your Own Review