Superlux S502 ORTF Stereo Microphone
PA SKU # SLX S502 MFR # S502 UPC # 657248966515
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Stereo Microphone, Two Matched Half-Inch True Condenser Cardioid Capsules Mounted in an ORTF Arrangement
Stereo Microphone, Two Matched Half-Inch True Condenser Cardioid Capsules Mounted in an ORTF ArrangementThe Superlux S502 Stereo microphone combines a pair of matched cardioid capsules in an ORTF arrangement. The ORTF stereo technique uses two first order cardioid microphones with a spacing of 17 cm between the microphone diaphragms, and with a 110° angle between the capsules. This technique is well suited for reproducing stereo cues that are similar to those that are used by the human ear to perceive directional information in the horizontal plane. The spacing of the microphones emulates the distance between the human ears, and the angle between the two directional microphones emulates the shadow effect of the human head.
Based on the Superlux's successful S241 and S125 true condenser capsule technology, Superlux utilizes the same precision 1/2 inch 3 micron gold sputtered diaphragm and low noise microphone pre-amplifier circuits. The S502 is ideal for a very wide range of stereo recording applications producing an evenly-spread stereo image with good localization, depth and detailed sound texture.The flat and wide frequency response and straightforward design provides experienced and beginning engineers convenient a studio-grade stereo recording or sound reinforcement solution for a wide range of professional audio applications.
- 1/2" gold-evaporated diaphragm
- ORTF fixed capsule arrangement
- Matched cardioid capsules
- Sturdy metal body
- Balanced output
- Excellent stereo imaging
- Shock mount, windscreens, stereo cable & carrying case included
- Elements: Two 1/2 inch true condenser capsules
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -36dBV (ref. 1Pa or 96dB SPL)
- Equivalent Noise: 18dB SPL (A weighted)
- Dynamic Range: 117dB
- Signal/Noise: 76dB (IEC651 ref. to 94dB SPL) 97dB (20dB headroom)
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Max SPL: 135dB at 1000 Hz (THD <= 0.5% 1kHz)
- Connector: Integral gold plated 5 pin Male XLR
- Pin Configuration: Pin 2/3 CH1, pin 4/5 CH2, pin 1 ground, Pin 2/4 hot
- Included Cable: 5-pin XLRF to two 3-pin XLRM
- Phantom Power: 48V
- Finish: Metal, black painted
- Weight: 14.3 oz.
Write Your Own Review
More from Superlux