PA SKU # STU M32A MFR # M32A
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Source Select Switch
- 1/4" & 3.5mm Outputs
- Excellent audio quality
- Low DC Power Consumption
- Compatible with Model 2A
- Compact, Lightweight Package
The Model 32A Talent Amplifier is a self-contained listen-only "beltpack" unit intended for use by on-air talent or production personnel. It's directly compatible with the Studio Technologies' Model 2A Central Controller as well as other standard IFB or party-line intercom circuits. The Model 32A is powered by, and receives audio from, the connected IFB or intercom circuit. A single 3-conductor microphone-type cable links the Model 2A's talent amplifier output with the Model 32A's input. Each Model 32A contains both a male and a female 3-pin XLR-type connector, allowing simple "loop-through" connection of multiple units. Up to four talent amplifiers can be connected to, and powered by, a single Model 2A Central Controller. A source select switch allows audio from either Model 2A channel 1 or Model 2A channel 2 to be routed to the monaural output. For flexibility the audio output is provided on both ¼-inch and 3.5 mm jacks. An LED indicator lights whenever input power is present, providing setup assistance and user confidence. The Model 32A is housed in a lightweight, yet rugged, aluminum housing. A belt clip allows it to be directly attached to clothing or accessories. An optional mounting adapter is available to allow the Model 32A to be installed in a permanent location.
IFB Plus Series Talent Amplifier
The Model 32A's output is intended to be connected to talent earpieces or headsets. The user is provided with a source select switch and a rotary level control. The switch is used to select which of the two audio inputs is routed to the output. In the switch's channel 1 position audio associated with XLR pin 2 is sent to the output. When the switch is set to its channel 2 position audio associated with XLR pin 3 is selected. By design, the Model 32A's level control cannot be set to fully attenuate ("mute") the audio output. This helps to minimize the chance that users will accidentally miss important "cues" from directors or producers. While audio quality is not normally considered a factor in IFB or intercom systems, the Model 32A is built to "pro audio" standards. This helps to ensure that the best possible audio reproduction is provided.
The Model 32A is an update of the popular Model 32 Talent Amplifier. The Model 32A includes the addition of a 3.5 mm output jack, along with updated internal circuitry. In all ways the Model 32A meets or exceeds the performance of its predecessor.
In addition to working with the Model 2A Central Controller, the Model 32A is compatible with virtually every standard IFB and party-line intercom circuit, including those associated with equipment from RTS, Clear-Com, and Studio Technologies. This type of circuit typically uses a 3-pin XLR-type connector for interfacing with connected equipment. Electrically, XLR pin 1 serves as common for DC power and audio; pin 2 provides DC power and, in the case of a dual-channel circuit, DC power and channel 1 audio; pin 3 provides channel 2 audio for dual-channel systems, or channel 1 audio in single-channel systems.
- Source switch selects between Channels 1 and 2
- 1/4-inch and 3.5 mm output connectors
- Excellent audio quality
- Low DC power consumption
- Compatible with Model 2A Central Controller
- Compact, lightweight package
- Update of the popular Model 32
- Applications: directly compatible with talent amplifier output on Model 2A Central Controller; also compatible with standard single- and dual-channel IFB and party-line intercom circuits
- Indicator Light: red LED indicates operation of internal power supply
- Input: 3-pin female XLR
- Loop Through: 3-pin male XLR
- Output: 1/4-inch and 3.5 mm 2-conductor jacks; sleeve common, tip "hot," ring not used
- IFB/Intercom Input Wiring Scheme
- Pin 1: common for DC and audio
- Pin 2: DC with channel 1 audio (dual-channel circuits) or DC only (single-channel circuits)
- Pin 3: channel 1 audio (single-channel circuits) or channel 2 audio (dual-channel circuits)
- Power Requirement: 18-35 volts DC, 15 milliameres quiescent, 40 milliamperes maximum
- Compatibility: intended for connection to mono (2-conductor) headsets or earpieces with nominal impedance of 150 ohms or greater
- Type: voltage driver
- Input/Output Gain: 28 dB, maximum
- Maximum Output Voltage: 8 volts peak-to-peak, 1 kHz, 150 ohm load
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz-20 kHz, ±1 dB, 150 ohm load
- Distortion (THD+N): 0.03%, 1 kHz, 150 ohm load, 0 dBu out
- Dimensions (Overall)
- 3.25 inches wide (8.3 cm)
- 1.8 inches high (4.6 cm)
- 3.95 inches deep (10.0 cm)
- Mounting: intended for portable applications; contains integral belt clip; optional mounting adapter kit allows Model 32A to be permanently mounted
- Weight: 0.6 pounds (0.3 kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from Studio Technologies