Steinberg Dorico Pro 2 - Advanced Music Notation System (Educational / CrossGrade / Boxed)
Electronic Download This product can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. You will receive an email with the license code after you complete your order. Orders that are placed on weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
Emailed within 1-3 Business Days
PA SKU # SB DOPRO2EECG MFR # 47075 UPC # 802240470755
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Quick to Learn
- Easy Note Input
- Clear User Interface
- Piano Roll MIDI Editor
- Customizable Key Signatures
- HALion Symphonic Orchestra
- Built-In Desktop Publishing
Type: Pro 2 (Educational / CrossGrade / Boxed) Elements 2 (Educational / Boxed) Elements 2 (Educational / Download) Elements 2 (Retail / Boxed) Elements 2 (Retail / Download) Pro 2 (Crossgrade / Boxed) Pro 2 (CrossGrade / Download) Pro 2 (Educational / Boxed) Pro 2 (Educational / CrossGrade / Boxed) Pro 2 (Educational / CrossGrade / Download) Pro 2 (Educational / Download) Pro 2 (Retail / Boxed) Pro 2 (Retail / Download)
The Future of ScoringDorico is the scoring software for the 21st century. It helps you write, print and play back music notation to the highest professional standards. Created by the world experts, Dorico combines the finest engraving of the last millennium with the cutting-edge technology of the next. Dorico is easy enough for anyone to learn, yet has hundreds of advanced notations, features, options and sounds to satisfy the most demanding professionals. Fast, streamlined and effortless - Dorico feels so natural, you'll soon forget you're using software at all.
Composing, arranging - or just writing and printing out music - is made much quicker and more efficient with Dorico. Thanks to its intelligent design, it automatically adjusts the notation as you write. With nearly 1,500 sounds included, arrangements can be played back with exceptional realism and, with no workarounds needed for advanced notation, Dorico produces excellent results much more quickly than has been possible before.
With its streamlined, natural user interface, students and those with less experience in scoring can compose and arrange straight into Dorico, making learning the language of music notation much faster and more intuitive. Editing and making changes - such as instrument, time signature or key - are straightforward, with the notation instantly and correctly adapting to include them, reinforcing the learning outcome. For teachers, producing teaching materials and hand-outs that mix music and text is easy, and it's never been quicker to adapt arrangements for your band, orchestra or other school ensemble.
Dorico is the perfect tool for music engraving, publishing and copying. It automatically lays out pages of balance and beauty, with comprehensive collision avoidance and advanced algorithms that handle almost any musical context with ease. Music made with Dorico has the look of the finest traditionally engraved music, and the software provides tweaking tools to satisfy the most demanding professional. Producing high-quality, crystal-clear scores for selling or performance has never been faster or easier.
What's new in Dorico 2:
Music for media
Dorico 2 is packed with tools for composers, arrangers, orchestrators and copyists working in film, TV and video games. From seamless support for video to powerful new tools for tempo and MIDI automation, Dorico 2 is ready for its close-up.
Put your music in the picture
Dorico 2 introduces best-in-class support for composing to picture. Using the same powerful new video engine found in Cubase and Nuendo, attach a video to your project. Play it back via the dedicated video window and see thumbnails in Play mode. Add markers at crucial points in the action and display them in the score. Use the new tempo automation controls in Play mode to line markers up with beats or find a tempo for the whole cue.
New tools in Play mode allow you to edit the tempo and dynamics of your music graphically, applying default curves to provide more nuance to gradual tempo and dynamic changes. Add lanes for MIDI controllers and draw data to bring your music to life. With Dorico 2's new automation tools you can add realism and nuance to the virtual performance of your music, taking it one step closer to the stage or concert hall without leaving your music notation software.
Large time signatures
Dorico 2 introduces support for two conventions for time signatures: one for the scoring stage, and the other for the concert hall. It's simple to show a time signature centered on every bracket, with a choice of using the traditional bold serif numerals, a narrower version of the traditional numerals, or tall thin sans serif numerals. It's equally easy to show time signatures above the staff, with complete control over size, position, and typeface.
Rock, pop and jazz
Writing for your rhythm section has never been easier. Dorico already had the best chord symbols and fastest part layout tools of any music notation software - now Dorico 2 adds the best and most flexible rhythm slashes and repeat bars.
Dorico 2's unique support for slashes as a new type of voice on any instrument enables powerful new workflows: copy music from one instrument and paste it to another as slashes; change any melodic or chordal material into slashes; quickly input slashes with or without stems on any instrument. Furthermore, you can also select a range of bars and make Dorico fill them with slashes, dynamically taking into account the correct meter so that as your arrangement evolves, your slashes always reflect the current beat grouping without you ever having to touch them.
Bar repeats are special symbols drawn in the middle of the bar that tell the performer to play the music from the preceding fully-notated bar or bars again. Dorico 2 allows you to quickly create bar repeats by clicking and dragging to fill bars with bar repeat symbols, with sophisticated options for grouping and numbering the bars.
Petaluma handwritten music font
Included with Dorico 2 is a brand new handwritten music font family called Petaluma. Inspired by the hand-copying style of a famous series of jazz standards books, Petaluma includes more than 1350 musical symbols, and more than 500 alphanumeric characters. Loose yet precise, casual yet clear, Petaluma gives your charts a relaxed and familiar look.
Songs make extensive use of repeats to reduce repetition in the notation and eliminate unnecessary page turns. Repeat structures now play back automatically, making it easy to follow the musical structure of a song or number with multiple repeated sections.
Dorico 2 handles more demanding score preparation tasks than ever without breaking a sweat: its unique features for handling divisi passages will save you countless hours. And the most flexible input and editing tools of any scoring software have been further enhanced with fast and powerful new arranging tools.
Smart staff management
The most demanding score layout tasks are transformed with Dorico Pro 2's new smart staff management tools. Complex divided string sections are easy to manage with the introduction of support for divisi. Add or remove staves from any instrument at any point, making laying out even the most complex music for keyboard and mallet percussion simple and fast. Add ossia staves above or below any instrument, to show alternatives, ornament realizations, and more.
Introducing a new tool to add and delete bars, select and copy music. The system track appears unobtrusively above the top staff of the system, only coming to the fore when you need it.
Essential tools for arrangers
Being able to quickly distribute music between different numbers of players is an essential tool in the arranger's tool box. Explode and Reduce allow you to quickly paste music to more or fewer players, and multipaste allows you to paste material to multiple instruments in a single step. You'll wonder how you lived without them.
Support for NotePerformer 3
NotePerformer from Wallander Instruments is a unique virtual instrument specifically designed for use with music notation software. Dorico 2 and the new NotePerformer 3 are ideal companions: for users who want great playback direct from the markings in the score without doing any MIDI programming, NotePerformer is a great choice.
Dorico 2 also includes a number of other smaller improvements, including:
- New Shift+R popover for single- and multi-note tremolos and repeat endings
Multipaste allows you to paste multiple copies of notes and other items in a single operation
Make any selection of existing notes into a tuplet with any ratio of your choosing
New dialog for editing and creating playing techniques
Change the clef used by an instrument in concert and transposing pitch
Dynamics, playing techniques and text items can erase their background, to improve their appearance when crossing barlines and staff lines
Text items can now have a border, with customizable thickness and padding
Change the beat unit for an existing metronome mark via Properties
- Dorico has the most flexible note input and editing of any scoring application. Seamlessly insert music, change rhythms and durations, and Dorico will ensure the music is always notated clearly and correctly.
- However small your project starts and however large it ends up - from a simple song to a whole symphony, opera or show - Dorico's high performance will never slow you down.
- Superior support for modern techniques of composition - including open meter, complex tuplets, microtonality and more besides - allow you to directly communicate your musical ideas, and reduce the number of workarounds necessary in other scoring software.
- Direct manipulation of MIDI data, including continuous controllers, keyswitches, and VST Expression, allows you to produce natural-sounding playback with ease, using either the provided HALion Symphonic Orchestra library, or any VST 3-compatible virtual instrument.
- Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature.
- Dorico is designed to emulate the finest traditions of music engraved by master craftsmen, producing beautifully balanced and proportioned output by default.
- Superior horizontal music and vertical stave/system spacing, including comprehensive collision avoidance and unique kerning capabilities, make it faster to get to a great result.
- Behind Dorico's automatic behavior is a powerful engine that provides multiple levels of control, from global project notation and engraving settings down to local, situational rules, right down to purely graphical tweaks in its dedicated Engrave mode.
- Unique and powerful DTP-style page layout features, including resizable and chainable frames for music, text and graphics.
- Create multiple output formats with different combinations of instruments, page and stave sizes etc. within a single project file, then export press-ready true monochrome PDFs with a single click.
- Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature, and no need for external keypads, MIDI devices etc. - ideal for student laptops.
- Dorico's rich understanding of music theory ensures that the music is always rendered clearly and unambiguously, no matter how complex the rhythmic or harmonic situation.
- Create assignments and learning materials quickly and easily with powerful and flexible page layout features.
- Superior support for modern techniques of composition - including open meter, complex tuplets, microtonality, and more besides - allow you to directly communicate your musical ideas, and reduce the number of workarounds necessary in other scoring software.
- High-performance audio engine and world-class virtual instruments help you to refine your musical ideas before the music hits the stand.
- When a new edit comes down with cuts or insertions, you won't break a sweat. Insert individual beats or bars, change bar number sequences, delete or insert barlines, rebar music into new meters, and more besides. Dorico performs edits big and small in an instant - making all necessary adjustments itself to give you clear, correct notation.
- Dorico imports and exports MusicXML and MIDI files with excellent results, so whether the job starts in a sequencer and ends in scoring software or vice versa, you can move back and forth between programs with ease.
- Producing parts that session players will play perfectly on the first take requires years of experience. Dorico does virtually all the work for you in an instant, producing crystal-clear notation and engraving, with powerful layout features and extensive options and rules to cover every case.
- When you need a mock-up or temp track, Dorico's playback will take the strain. Handle complex playing technique using VST Expression Maps, and manipulate MIDI events directly in Dorico's built-in piano roll editor. With a full set of effects and flexible audio routing, you can even mix directly in Dorico.
- When the time comes to take your project to the next stage, export MIDI to Cubase or other DAWs - every playing technique goes on its own track for easier mapping onto your existing template.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.11 / macOS 10.12 / macOS 10.13
- PC: 64-Bit Windows 10 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- 8GB RAM recommended (4GB minimum)
- 12 GB free storage space (SSD recommended)
- OS-compatible audio hardware
- (ASIO-compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
- An internet connection is required for download, activation, account setup and personal/product registration.
- Note: this software version does not support 32-bit plug-ins.
Write Your Own Review