PA SKU # SPL MTC MFR # SPLMTC UPC # 4260149320414
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Cue Mix & Talkback
- Status LEDs
- Master Volume
- Speaker Calibration
- Slave Output
- Talk Output
- Headphone Output
The MTC combines volume level control, source switching and loudspeaker management for stereo monitoring with comfortable talkback and cue mixing functions. A fully analog design dispenses with VCAs, DACs, etc., providing loss-free signal processing. The I/O section includes six rear-panel stereo inputs (four balanced, two unbalanced sources), balanced XLR outputs for three loudspeaker pairs and a slave output.
Stereo Monitor and Talkback Controller
The organizational focus that such essential services bring, coupled with an extraordinary tonal quality, makes possible an unrivaled convenience in DAW-based monitor management - in all areas of stereo audio production from recording studios over movie and video post production to game/multimedia production.
The advantages of the MTC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic, Deck etc. Monitor levels and source management can be handled independently of the software and with virtually no loss in quality. You no longer need to set up additional aux sends for monitoring. In addition, you won't have to worry about over- or underdriving the converters due to monitor levels.
The master volume potentiometer globally controls volume for up to three stereo speaker pairs. This analog control regulates the audio signal directly to avoid any coloration/distortion typical of VCAs, DCAs, etc., which require higher inter-channel tolerances and tend toward higher distortion figures. Moreover, this potentiometer possesses an optimal rotational torque and "feel" for precise hand control.
Cue Mix and Talkback
The latency-free cue mix signal for the musician can be composed of the musician's track and the track mix. The Talkback communications option via built-in microphone provides a footswitch input for remote control and a separate output with the dry talkback signal. These features mean that monitoring in any DAW-based studio now can be expanded to include the kind of essential functionality that to now has only been available in large analog consoles.
The "Talk Out" connection routes the dry talkback mic signal through its balanced 1/4 inch jack to create an alternative listening option (for example, to another room).
This function is particularly useful when, for instance, the engineer wishes to avoid forcing all performers in the recording room to wear headphones. Also advertising narrators are not often happy wearing headphones. Routing through the "Talk Out" circuit, the engineer can communicate directly to narrators or musicians over an active monitor placed in the recording room.
This 1/4 inch footswitch input can accept an on/off switch or key that allows remote control of the Talkback function. Any sort of switch or key (including footswitches familiar to keyboard players) can be used here.
This is where your headphone can be connected for monitoring the control room mix-in parallel to the chosen loudspeaker monitor pair. The headphone output can be toggled in or out with the HP On switch, so muting is possible without having to detach it each time.
The balanced 1/4 inch "Slave Out" jacks provide for summed output of all active 2Tr inputs (Mix, 2TrA to 2TrD). As an example, the monitor signal may also be routed to a recording medium, or, while one listens to a CD player, the output may simultaneously be routed to a DAW. You may likewise connect stereo metering equipment.
The musician's signal (coming from the Musician input) is not routed to the Slave Out, as it is only used for latency-free monitoring, but not for recording.
- A fully discrete, analog design dispenses with VCAs, DACs, etc., providing loss-free signal processing
- Six rear-panel stereo inputs (four balanced and two unbalanced sources), balanced XLR outputs for three loudspeaker pairs, slave output
- Monitoring: source and loudspeaker selection, mono, dim, mute, switchable headphone output
- Talkback: built in microphone, separate output, footswitch input
- Cue-Mix: separate output, musician level, mix level and volume controls
- SPL's custom-made balancing stages for the MTC's I/O architecture ensure extended frequency range up to 100 kHz, exceptional dynamic spectrum and excellent common mode rejection
- The rugged and ergonomic desktop enclosure with slanted front panel harmonizes perfectly with the desktop production environment
- Made in Germany
- Input Impedance
- TRS balanced: 50 kOhm
- RCA unbalanced: 10 kOhm
- Output Impedance
- XLR balanced: 600 Ohm
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 100 kHz (+/- 3 dB)
- THD + N: 0,005% (@0dBu)
- Noise (A-weighted): -89,4dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +21dBu (balanced, XLR) / +19dBu (unbalanced, RCA)
- Dynamic Range: 110,4dB (balanced) / 108,4dB (unbalanced)
- CMRR: 70dBu (@1kHz)
- Dimensions: WxHxD: 91x272x220mm; 3.58"x10.7"x8.66"
- Power Consumption: 10W
- Weight: 2,3 kg; 5lbs
- 0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.
Write Your Own Review
More from SPL