PA SKU # SPL GOLDMIKEMK2 MFR # SPLGOLDMIKEMK2 UPC # 4260149320100
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Discrete Class A Solid Stage
- 3 Tube Drive Intensity Levels
- Switchable Flair Presence
- Switching Inserts
- Pre-Output Limiter Stage
- Switchable VU Metering
- Front Panel Instrument Input
- Rear-Side Mic & Line Inputs
- Phantom Power
- Phase Reverse
- Pad & High-Pass Filter
Like its successful predecessor, the GoldMike Mk2 retains a hybrid solid state and tube construction to combine the best of both worlds.
Dual-Channel Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
The transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a class A design. The circuitry is fully discrete, and each transistor is completely optimized for its specific task. You will not find any IC's in this preamplifier stage because they cannot be optimized for this specific application to the degree we aimed for.
The GoldMike Mk2 is the result of our experience from its successful predecessor and represents an improved and more flexible microphone and instrument preamplifier.
The Hybrid Preamplifier
A significant contribution to the success of the predecessor is the hybrid preamplifier concept. It combines transistor and tube preamplifier stages and specifically utilizes their technological and sonic advantages: The efficiency and low noise of a discrete transistor stage is enriched with musical coloration of a tube stage.
Discrete Transistor Preamplifier
In the GoldMike Mk2 the transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a class A design. The circuitry is fully discrete, and each transistor is completely optimized for its specific task. You will not find any IC's in this preamplifier stage because they cannot be optimized for this specific application to the degree we at SPL aim for.
The degree of tube preamplification is no longer the fixed +6dB value of its predecessor. The GoldMike Mk2 sports the selection of three different tube pre-amplifications: +6 dB remains the standard complemented by +12 dB and +18 dB. This allows creative variety with the tube saturation and limiting effects.
We have also added an extra setting to the popular Flair circuitry to give more flexibility to the presence improvement.
Dual-Mono PCB Layout
Because the GoldMike Mk2 is a dual channel preamplifier, its channel separation is of fundamental importance for the stereo image. Therefore the print-board layout is symmetrically mirrored around the power supply in the center from channel 1 to channel 2. This results in an identical signal flow to supporting a naturally balanced stereo image. Additionally the print-board provides extra-large ground areas maximizing the shielding against crosstalk and interference.
- Discrete Class A solid stage
- Tube drive in three different intensity levels
- Flair presence enhancement in two switchable settings
- Switching inserts
- Pre-output limiter stage (extremely fast diode-based operation, perfect for A/D converter protection)
- VU metering with three different, switchable display ranges
- Front panel instrument input, separate rear-side microphone and line inputs
- Phantom power, phase reverse, pad and high-pass filter (50Hz)
- Frequency response 10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- THD+N (Input level -30dBu, 30dB Gain) 0,016%
- Noise (A-w., R=40Ohm, 30dB Gain) -91,2dBu
- Dynamic range (30dB Gain) 110dB
- E.I.N. 128dBu
- Max. output level (sym., XLR+Jack) +26,8dBu
- Options include 24/192 AD converter and in/output transformers by Lundahl
- Made in Germany
- Frequency response: 10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- Input impedance
- Microphone, XLR: 2.8kOhm
- Line In, TRS: 10kOhm
- Instr. In TRS: 1mOhm
- Output impedance (XLR and TRS): 50Ohm
- Input level -30dBu, Gain 30dBu: 0.016 %
- Input level -40dBu, Gain 40dBu: 0.017 %
- Input level -50dBu, Gain 50dBu: 0.022 %
- Input level -60dBu, Gain 60dBu: 0.048 %
- Noise (A-weighted, R=40Ohm)
- Gain 30dB: -91.2dBu
- Gain 40dB: -86.6dBu
- Gain 50dB: -78.7dBu
- Gain 60dB: -69.3dBu
- Dynamic range (Gain 30dB): 110dB
- E.I.N.: 128dBu
- Max. input level
- Microphone, XLR: +7dBu
- Microphone, XLR +PAD: +28dBu
- Line In, TRS: +23dBu
- Instr. In TRS: +7dBu
- Instr. In TRS +PAD: +14dBu
- Max. output level
- Balanced, XLR+ TRS +26.8dBu
- Unbalanced, XLR+ TRS +21.5dBu
- 1 kHz, Gain 30dB: 75dB
- 10 kHz, Gain 30dB: 75dB
- Power consumption: 25W
- WxHxD: 482 x 88 x 210mm; 19" x 3.46" x 8.27"
- Weight: 4.1kg/9lbs
- 0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.
Write Your Own Review
More from SPL