PA SKU # SC RW5709SM MFR # RW5709SM UPC # 688705209623
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
48-channel Live/Touring Mixer
Augmenting the already highly successful GB4 console range is the new GB8 8-bus console. The GB4 has found many friends including the Cavern Club in Liverpool, and in use at the Bedford venue in South London.
48-channel Live/Touring Mixer
Available in frame sizes from 24 to 48 channels, each with four full-function stereo channels and four stereo returns, the GB8 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for small touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB8 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs. Additional features over the GB4 include a 1kHz oscillator and a meter bridge with three led meters that very closely emulate the ballistics of VU meters.
Four mute groups allow several channels to be muted simultaneously, while another unique facility is the limiter on both the Record and Alternate stereo outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with eleven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
Although largely conventional in layout, the GB8 does have some unique mechanical features. The rugged steel chassis has a sloping rear connector panel so that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, while the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
Both the GB4 and GB8 desks carry the high quality hallmark with which Soundcraft is synonymous, with engineering and design, as you'd expect from this high-end manufacturer. Careful attention has been given to the mechanical construction, to ensure reliability under strenuous conditions, with all input modules being constructed with individual vertically-mounted pcb's, fitted to the steel chassis front panel with individually-nutted potentiometers.
The GB Series also shares the stylish looks of the MH4, MH3 and LX7ii consoles, continuing a strong family look and feel across the range.
- GB30 mic preamps and EQ section, designed by Soundcraft co-founder Graham Blyth, owe their design heritage to the MH3 and MH4 consoles
- High performance 4-band GB30 EQ
- 4 stereo inputs with 1/4" line or dual mic pre's with 48V
- Dual mode operation means console can easily be configured from FOH to Monitor with touch of a button
- 11 true busses including 8 subgroups, left, right and center
- 8 auxiliary sends with flexible pre/post switching
- 4 mute groups
- 11 x 4 matrix allows 4 sub-mixes of left, right, center and group outputs
- Internal power supply WITH external PSU link option!
- Direct outputs on every mono channel
- New True VU overbridge monitors left, right and center
- Analogue/Digital: Analogue
- Frame Sizes: 24 32 40 48
- Stereo Channels: 4
- Digital I/O: No
- FX Processors: 0
- Groups: 8
- EQ Bands: 4
- Aux Sends: 8
- Returns: 5
- Direct Outputs: Yes
- Matrix Outputs: 4
- Main Bus Out: LRC
- Houses of Worship
- Music Venues
- Musicians & Bands
- Touring & Corporate
Write Your Own Review
More from Soundcraft