PA SKU # SNT XMACPS MFR # XMAC-PS UPC # 732311010828
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure
- 3 x PCIe 2.0 Expansion Slots
- Thunderbolt 2 - to - PCIe ExpressBox
- Front Panel Power Button
- Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, HDMI Ports
- Integrated 300W Power Supply
- Air Cooled & Energy Efficient
- RoHS Compliant
- Mac Compatible
Expand and Enclose Your New Mac Pro at the Same Time
xMac Pro Server PCIe 2.0 Expansion System/4U Rackmount Enclosure for MacPro with Thunderbolt 2 Ports
The new Mac Pro has become the object of desire, but a lustrous finish hides its true beauty-the massive power within. If you're a pro user in the video or audio industries, the Mac Pro offers the power you need, but lacks the built-in expandability you count on. In order to achieve this engineering feat, Apple designers stripped away components and space to a minimum, taking out PCIe slots and drive bays, and packed the remaining components into a small cylinder. Its compact size makes the new Mac Pro more transportable and rackable, but prevents onboard installation of PCIe expansion cards. In addition, the computer still requires an enclosure to make it road- or rack-ready and provide convenient cable management. Sonnet's xMac Pro Server PCIe expansion system/4U rackmount enclosure addresses these issues and increases a Mac Pro's potential in a big way.
Building on the concept of our award-winning xMac mini Server PCIe 2.0 expansion system/1U rackmount enclosure for Mac mini, we designed a 4U rackmount enclosure exclusively for the new Mac Pro, and integrated the three PCIe 2.0 slots, 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, and expandability of Echo Express III-R Thunderbolt 2 expansion chassis for PCIe cards. Like the III-R, xMac Pro Server provides space for you to mount additional equipment, such as storage expansion. To support a wide range of popular mobile racks, carts and portable rack cases, xMac Pro Server is just 16" deep. The xMac Pro Server securely holds the computer and installed cards, making your Mac Pro fully rack- and road-ready.
Connect Up to Three PCIe Cards to Your New Mac Pro
Sonnet's xMac Pro Server supports three full-length PCIe cards. It integrates a universal 300W power supply and includes a 75W PCIe power connector for cards that require supplementary power, such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the new RED ROCKET-X. Even with all that power, xMac Pro Server is enviro-friendly; it automatically powers the PCIe expansion system on or off whenever the connected computer powers on or wakes, or powers off or sleeps, respectively.
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion for Mac Pro - Use high-performance PCIe cards with your new Mac Pro
- Makes Your Mac Pro Road-Ready - 4U rackmount enclosure securely holds the computer and PCIe cards in place, adding mobility to your Mac
- Three PCIe Slots - Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface - Maximum performance with Mac Pro, backward compatible with devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Upgradeable - When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Power for High Performance PCIe Cards - Integrated 300W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; 75W auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET-X
- Provides Space for Installing Additional Devices - Using optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, you can install HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive, and more inside the xMac Pro Server's enclosure
- Remarkably Quiet - Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans automatically and quietly cool the cards
- Front Panel Operation, Rear Panel Connectivity - Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac Pro; USB 3.0 port enables connection of keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.; two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, and HDMI ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient - Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac Pro is sleeping or off
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion - Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices when other Mac Pro Thunderbolt ports are in use
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported - Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
- AVID Qualified for Pro Tools|HDX & HD Native and Media Composer/Symphony
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Additional Cost - No extra charge for a 5-year warranty
- New Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included - Includes Thunderbolt cable and ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
Write Your Own Review
More from Sonnet