Sonnet Twin 10G Dual-Port 10GBase-T Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
PA SKU # SNT TWIN10GTB2 MFR # TWIN10G-TB2 UPC # 732311010996
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Connectors
- 2 x RJ-45 Connectors
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity
- Supports Wake-on-LAN
- Supports Transparent Failover
- Supports Link Aggregation
- Rugged Aluminum Housing
- Simple Setup & Configuration
Twin 10G Dual-Port (RJ45) 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 AdapterLightning Fast 10GBase-T Connectivity Over Thunderbolt
With increasing demands for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth over shared networks, and with specialized applications such as HD video editing using high-performance shared storage systems, the deployment of 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking has skyrocketed. This high-speed wired networking standard offers ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet, the most common wired network connection included with most computers today, and yet, most computers aren't equipped to get you connected. If you have a computer with a Thunderbolt port(1), Sonnet has a simple solution-the Twin 10G. This Thunderbolt-certified for Mac and Windows, 10GBase-T adapter is a powerful and cost-effective way to add 10GbE connectivity to your setup.
The Twin 10G is equipped with two RJ45 and two Thunderbolt 2 ports. Using RJ45 connectors, the Twin 10G is able to connect to 10 Gigabit infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively. Through one of its two Thunderbolt 2 ports, the Twin 10G connects to your computer through an included Thunderbolt cable; the second Thunderbolt port supports daisy chaining up to six devices to a single port on the host computer.
Sleek, Quiet, and Compact
The Twin 10G is a striking example of form following function-this adapter's attractive and rugged aluminum housing is engineered to effectively dissipate heat. Together with a temperature-tuned, ultra-quiet fan to quietly cool the components inside, this design enables the Twin 10G to be used comfortably in noise-sensitive environments. Measuring just 4.9" wide x 6.3" long x 2.7" high, the Twin 10G takes up little space.
Simple Configuration, Advanced Features
The Twin 10G is easy to set up. To keep things simple, you configure its settings through the OS X Network control panel or Windows Device Manager. When you configure the device, you can also activate its advanced features: link aggregation (teaming) of its two 10GbE ports increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain; transparent failover between 10GbE ports keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails; jumbo packet (jumbo frame) support can increase throughput and reduce CPU utilization; and Wake-on-LAN support enables remotely waking your computer when you need it, and not wasting energy when you don't.
New Mac Pro Mate
The Twin 10G incorporates mounting points to support firm attachment to our xMac Pro Server and RackMac Pro rackmount enclosure for the new Mac Pro. Using the optional Twin 10G Mounting Kit, the adapter is secured to the inside of the enclosure, thereby enabling 10GbE connectivity for the Mac Pro via a separate Thunderbolt 2 port for maximum bandwidth without taking up a PCIe slot or requiring extra rack space.
This Sonnet solution is perfect for high-performance computing where low latency, high bandwidth, and low CPU overhead are required. Its increased throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are achieved with stateless offloads, allowing your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place.
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity - Simple way to add dual RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports to your Thunderbolt 2- or Thunderbolt-enabled computer
- Cost Effective - Connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
- Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports - Maximum performance with computers with 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, works with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology. Daisy chain up to six devices.
- Thunderbolt-Certified for Mac and Windows - One-size-fits-many solution for mixed computer environments
- Sleek, Quiet, Compact - Handsome aluminum housing and ultra-quiet fan effectively cool the components, enabling use in noise-sensitive environments; compact size allows easy placement
- Easy Setup - Simple driver installation, configured through OS X Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports Wake-on-LAN - Adapter can remotely wake computer
- Supports Transparent Failover - Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming) - Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain
- Mac Pro Mate - Using optional Twin 10G Mounting Kit, supports mounting in Sonnet's xMac Pro Server and RackMac Pro rackmount solution for the new Mac Pro
Write Your Own Review