Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter & SxS Media Reader
PA SKU # SNT ECHOPROE34 MFR # ECHOPRO-E34 UPC # 732311009013
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 10 Gbps Thunderbolt Technology
- Supports ExpressCard/34 Adapters
- SxS Compatible
- PCIe 2.0 x1 Bus Interface
- Up to 5.0 Gbps Data Transfer Speeds
- Mac Compatibility
- RoHS Compliant
Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter and SxS Media ReaderAdd ExpressCard/34 and SxS Memory Card Reader Support Through Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt technology is amazing-the speed and versatility (supporting high-resolution displays plus high-performance data devices through a single, compact port) make it clear that this is next generation I/O technology. But what about connecting legacy FireWire and eSATA peripherals, as well as USB 3.0 devices and high speed memory cards such as SxS media? Sonnet's Echo ExpressCard Pro expands Thunderbolt connectivity to any computer with a Thunderbolt port, enabling you to use a wide variety of ExpressCard/34 cards to add a range of interfaces and capabilities to your system. Plus, it's the fastest, least expensive SxS memory card reader available!
Imagine adding more FireWire or USB 3.0 ports or a Gigabit Ethernet or eSATA interface through a single Thunderbolt adapter. Echo ExpressCard Pro allows you to choose your connections and add more to your setup. Because this adapter supports hot-swapping(1), you can select and change the ExpressCard to use as needed-it supports most Sonnet ExpressCard/34 cards, such as our FireWire interfaces and SDXC card readers, select Gigabit Ethernet adapters, USB 3.0 interfaces, eSATA controllers, and interface cards for our Qio E3 and Qio CF4 pro media readers. Echo ExpressCard Pro also supports specialty adapters like RME's HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA io Express and the Matrox MX02 family. Support for Sony SxS memory cards simply requires the installation of Sony's latest SxS driver(2).
Set up for this Thunderbolt adapter is simple-just connect it directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (not included, sold at the Sonnet Online Store). There's no software to install and no power supply to plug in. Plug the ExpressCard/34 card or SxS memory card into the adapter as you would into a notebook computer's ExpressCard slot, install software for the adapter if necessary, and you are ready to work.
Supports Ultimate Performance with PCIe 2.0 Interface for ExpressCard 2.0 Cards
Echo ExpressCard Pro supports ExpressCard 2.0 cards at full bandwidth for the ultimate performance (for example, Sonnet's newest super-fast pro eSATA cards yield read/write speeds as high as 375 MB/s). In addition, the adapter ingests footage from SxS memory cards at up to 400 MB/s. Echo ExpressCard Pro includes a 5-year warranty and gives you the additional connectivity you need, today.
- Expands Your Computer's Connectivity and Capabilities - Enables you to use ExpressCard/34 adapters with Thunderbolt technology-equipped computers
- Reads SxS Memory Cards - Ingests footage from SxS memory cards at up to 400 MB/s
- Fast Interface - High-performance 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt technology, 5.0 Gb/s ExpressCard 2.0
- Supports Common ExpressCard/34 Adapters - Supports a wide range of interfaces from Gigabit Ethernet and eSATA controllers to FireWire and USB 3.0
- Supports Qio Interface Adapters - Enables use of Qio, Qio E3, and Qio CF4 pro media readers via ExpressCard interface with Thunderbolt technology-enabled computers
- Supports Specialty ExpressCard/34 Adapters - Supports ExpressCard adapters for specialty devices such as AJA io Express and Prism Sound ADA-8XR and Orpheus
Write Your Own Review