- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Waterproof Case
- Resists Damage from Impact & Corrosion
- Removable Shock-Rack Cage
- 13" Rail-to-Rail Rack Depth
iSeries Injection-Molded 13" Fly Rack (6 RU, 13" Rack Depth)
The 6 RU SKB iSeries Injection-Molded 13" Fly Rack is a rolling flight- and shipping-friendly rack case designed to house rack-mountable equipment for musicians and audio engineers on tour and in studios, live stage applications, and mobile-recording setups. It features threaded rails in the front and back with a 13" rail-to-rail depth. TSA-compliant, trigger-release latches provide dependable closure and can be secured with a padlock (available separately).
The polypropylene copolymer resin case is strong, waterproof, and resistant to dirt, dust, corrosion, and more. Its automatic pressure-equalization valve prevents damage caused by drastic changes in air pressure. The molded-in hinges contribute to the case's sleek appearance and add additional protection. A one-touch pull handle, molded cushion-grip carry handles, and in-line rolling wheels deliver versatile and effective transport methods.
Featuring both injection molded cases and racks, our improved waterproof Fly Racks are lighter in weight and more affordable than previous modelsï¿½all without compromising strength or durability.
SKB's injection molded rack frames are manufactured alongside our iSeries cases in Orange, California. Rack frames are removable and fit easily into SKB's iSeries cases, where they are protected by high quality PE foam that provides space for protruding knobs and buttons.
At less than half the weight of standard shock racks, SKB Fly Racks feature iSeries Watertight injection molded cases that are under 62 linear inches to keep from being oversizedï¿½the perfect solution for flying or shipping delicate equipment. Convenient in-line wheels and a push button release pull handle provides easy transport.
SKB iSeries Injection Molded Mil-Standard Waterproof Cases are molded of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin, featuring a gasket-sealed, water and dust tight, submersible design (MIL-C-4150J / IP67). Other standard features include a molded-in hinge, patented trigger release latch system, comfortable, snap-down rubber over-molded cushion grip handle, automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (MIL-STD-648C), and resistance to UV, solvents, corrosion, fungus and impact damage (MIL-STD-810F).
- 6U removable injection molded shock rack cage
- 13 inch rack depth
- Interior foam protection
- Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin case construction
- UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- Complete gasket seal makes these cases absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67
- Molded-in hinges
- TSA Acceptable trigger release latch system
- Rubber over-molded cushion grip handles
- Locking loops to accommodate a customer supplied lock
- Rack Space: 6 RU
- Material: Polypropylene copolymer resin case
- Rubber grip on handles
- Polyethylene interior foam
- Type of Closure: TSA-acceptable, trigger-release latches
- Interior Dimensions: H x W x L: 14 x 17 x 23" / 35.6 x 43.2 x 58.4 cm
- Rack Depth (Rail to Rail): 13" / 33 cm
- Exterior Dimensions (H × W × D): 15.6 x 19.5 x 25.6" / 39.7 x 49.5 x 65.1 cm
- Shock Absorbent: Yes
- Rails: Threaded
- Carrying/Transport Options: One-touch pull handle
- Carry handles
- Rolling wheels
- Standards Compliance: MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-C-4150J, MIL-STD-648C, IP67
- Country of Manufacture: United States of America
- Weight: 30.4 lb / 13.8 kg