PA SKU # SHU SM86 MFR # SM86 UPC # 042406112406
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Condenser Element
- 50 Hz to 18 kHz Frequency Response
- Built-In 3-Point Shock Mount
- Two-Stage "Pop" Filter
- Tailored Frequency Response
The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering a clear, studio-quality sound.
Cardioid Condenser Handheld Vocal Microphone
A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Transducer Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms at 1 kHz
Recommended minimum load impedance: 600 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -50 dBV/Pa (3.15 mV)
(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Clipping Level: 1000 Ohm Load at 1,000 Hz: +3 dBV (1.41 V)
- Maximum SPL (at 1,000 Hz): 1000 ohm load (1% THD): 147 dB
- Self-Noise: 23 dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (1000 ohms): 124 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 71 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)*
*S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Power: Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3
Current Drain: 5.2 mA
- Connector: Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
- Case: Dark gray enamel-painted steel with matte-finished silver colored steel grille
- Dimensions: See User Guide
- Net Weight: 278 grams (9.8 oz)
- Environmental Conditions:
Operating: -18 degrees to 60 degrees C (0 degrees to 135 degrees F) (relative humidity >90%)
Storage: -29 degrees to 74 degrees C (-20 degrees to 165 degrees F) (relative humidity >80%)
Write Your Own Review
More from Shure