Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
PA SKU # SHU SM7B MFR # SM7B UPC # 042406088879
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 3 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
- Product Highlights
- For Professional Voiceover Applications
- Flat, Wide-Range Frequency Response
- Air Suspension Shock Isolation
- Built-In Pop Filter
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Improved Hum Rejection
- Rugged Construction
- Includes Windscreen
Dynamic Cardioid Studio Vocal Microphone with Standard and Close-Talk WindscreensShure's SM7B has been a mainstay in the professional audio industry for decades and is used regularly for radio broadcasts, voice over work, and vocals from rock to pop and everything in between. You can also use this mic on guitar cabs and snare drums if you're after a 'fatter' sound than what your typical dynamic microphone will allow.
The SM7B is a professional utilitarian microphone at a staggeringly affordable price. Recording professionals across the globe turn to this mic for its reliable performance and complimentary tone.
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
SM7B Includes foam windscreen, close-talk windscreen, locking yoke mount.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Impedance: Microphone impedance rating is 150 ohms (150 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz):
Open Circuit Voltage*: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
*0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal
- Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted):
60 Hz: 11 dB
500 Hz: 24 dB
1 kHz: 33 dB
- Switches: Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector switches. See Figure 3 in User Guide for bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) response.
- Cartridge Shock Mount: Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator.
- Microphone Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR)
- Swivel Assembly: Integrated, captive nut for ease of attachment to stand, fits 5/8 in.-27 thread.
- Case: Dark gray enamel aluminum and steel case with dark gray foam windscreen.
- Dimensions: See User Guide
- Net Weight: 765.4 grams (1 lb, 11 oz)
Write Your Own Review
More from Shure