Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Dynamic Element
- Tailored for Vocals
- Built-In Pop Filter
- Minimizes Background Noise
- 50Hz to 15kHz Frequency Response
- Includes Storage Bag
- Includes Stand Adapter
Dynamic Cardioid Handheld Vocal Microphone
The rugged Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone is a familiar friend of performing artists and engineers worldwide. Thousands of Performance Audio studio and live sound customers are using this popular microphone for their performances. If you are looking for an extremely durable, consistent, and great performing microphone that you can rely on gig after gig, look no farther than the Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone!
The uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise. The dynamic element requires no phantom power which makes the SM58 very versatile.
The Shure SM58 features a rugged metal construction, so you can be sure that this microphone will withstand even the most rough performances. This also makes it a great choice for touring and performance situations.
Designed for Vocals
The Shure SM58 was built for vocals. Some microphones are better suited for vocals and some are designed specifically for instruments. The Shure SM58 is known around the world for it's amazing voice reproduction, whether you are singing your heart out or simply giving a speech, the Shure SM58 will reproduce your voice with ease. The great 50Hz to 15kHz frequency response tailored for vocals with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect. This means that no voice will be pitched too high or too low for this microphone to handle.
Built-In Pop Filter
The Shure SM58 has a replaceable steel mesh grill that also has a built in spherical wind and pop filter to help reduce the breath and pop noises sometimes associated with wind or speech. You can also easily add an external windscreen (Such as the Shure A58WS-BLK) for even more reduction of these unwanted noises.
Reduces Background Noise
The Shure SM58 features a cardioid or directional pickup pattern. That means that it focuses on picking up sounds directly in front of the microphone while at the same time reducing sounds from the sides and rear of the microphone. This is ideal for reducing unwanted crowd noise and helps keep feedback from interfering with your performance.
Integrated Shock Mount
Deep in the SM58's handle is another technological innovation: a shock absorber system cuts down handling noise. Tap on a cheap microphone and it will resonate like a drum; tap on the Shure SM58 and you’ll hear only a dull, muted thud. The shock mount is the reason why performers can be as rough as they want with the SM58, to the point that it becomes part of their act.
The Shure SM58 includes an A25D plastic microphone stand clip and zippered storage bag. The microphone clip features an adjustable angle and is for mounting your Shure SM58 on a microphone stand. The carry pouch with a zipper closure can hold and protect the Shure SM58, along with it's microphone clip for easy transportation.
More info from Shure
The legendary Shure SM58 vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
Rugged construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
General Rules for Proper SM58 Use
- Aim the microphone toward the desired sound source (such as the talker, singer, or instrument) and away from unwanted sources of sound.
- Make sure to place the microphone as close as is practical to your desired sound source.
- Work closer to the microphone for extra bass frequency response.
- Use just one microphone to pick up a single source of sound.
- Use the fewest number of microphones as practical.
- The distance between microphones should be at least three times the distance from each microphone to its source.
- Place microphones as far away as possible from any sound reflective surfaces.
- Add a windscreen when using the microphone outdoors or for more wind or popping prevention.
- Avoid excessive handling to minimize pickup of mechanical noise and vibration.
- Do not cover any part of the microphone grille with your hand, as this will adversely affect microphone performance.
Avoiding Pickup of Unwanted Sound Sources
Place the microphone so that unwanted sound sources, such as monitors and loudspeakers, are directly behind it. To minimize feedback and ensure optimum rejection of unwanted sound, always test microphone placement before a performance.
Unidirectional (cardioid) microphones such as the SM58 progressively boost bass frequencies (below 100 Hz) by around 6 to 10 dB when the microphone is at a close distance of about 6 mm (1/4 in.) from the sound source. This is known as proximity effect, and you can use it to create a warmer, more powerful sound. To prevent explosive low frequency sound during close-up use, the bass response of the SM58 gradually rolls off. This provides greater control and helps the user take advantage of proximity effect.
Available ModelsSM58-LC: Cable Not Included
SM58S: On/Off Switch Included
SM58-CN: Cable Included
SM58-X2u: XLR to USB Signal Adapter
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Replacement cartridge: R59
- Transducer: (Moving Coil) Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
- Power Requirements: None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms (300 Ohms Actual) for Connection to Low Impedance Microphone Inputs.
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Dimensions: 6.375 x 2" (162 x 51mm) LxDiameter
- Weight: 10.5 oz (298g)
- SM58 Microphone
- Storage Bag
- Break-Resistant Stand Adapter
- 2 Year Warranty