Shure 503BG Close-Talk Microphone
PA SKU # SHU 503BG MFR # 503BG UPC # 042406051989
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Great for Paging & Talkback
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Dynamic Element
- Reduces Background Noise
- Humbucking Coil
- Small & Unobtrusive
Dynamic Cardioid Gooseneck MicrophoneDeveloped for computer voice recognition applications, the 503BG gooseneck microphone offers excellent voice fidelity while reducing background noise. Also use the 503BG microphone in other close-talking applications such as paging and talkback.
The 503BG gooseneck microphone features a low-impedance, moving coil type transducer with an integral humbucking coil and an attached two-conductor shielded cable with a built-in strain relief. It produces a frequency response with an essentially constant output voltage over the voice spectrum when used close to the sound source.
The 503BG's case is aluminum with a black enamel finish. It mounts to a gooseneck (not included), a fixed pipe or a microphone stand using a standard 5/8"-27 thread.
- Optimized performance in voice processing and computer voice recognition applications
- Smooth frequency response with excellent fidelity in the voice range
- Cardioid pickup pattern and close-talking operation keep unwanted signals and background noise at low levels
- Constant output over voice spectrum when close talked
- Humbucking coil minimizes undesirable hum effects such as CRT interference
- Low-impedance design permits long cable runs in extreme hum fields
- Small unobtrusive design does not interfere with CRT visibility
- Frequency response: 100 to 7,000 Hz
- Type: Dynamic, unidirectional (cardioid), close-talking
- Frequency Response: 100 to 7,000 Hz
- Impedance: 170 ohms actual
- Output Level (Open Circuit Voltage): -61.5 dBV/Pa (.84mV) : 1 Pa = 94 dBSPL-41.5 dB (8.4 mV): 0 dB = 1V/100 microbar
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on white conductor with respect to black conductor (Figure 2)
- Hum Pickup: Maximum 15 dB equivalent SPL in m0e field
- Cable: 1.2 m (4 ft) two-conductor shielded
- Case: Aluminum with black enamel finish; stainless steel screen.
- Net Weight: 128 g (4.5 oz)
- Dimensions: See Figure 3
- Acoustic Considerations: The 503BG maximizes performance in close-talking applications through its tailored frequency response, directionality and distance discrimination. It optimizes and controls sounds within the 100 to 7000 Hz frequency range and reduces sounds outside that range. The 503BG rejects noise through its inherent directional properties and discriminates against distant sounds in favor of close-range sounds.
Write Your Own Review
More from Shure