Sennheiser HD 300 PROtect - Professional Monitoring Headphones
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Switchable ActiveGuard
- High Resolution Listening
- Superior Noise Reduction
- Over Ear Closed Back
- Exchangeable Cables
Professional Monitoring Headphones w/ Advanced Hearing Protection
Safe and sound
Professional ears require not only crystal-clear, high-resolution sound, but also protection from unexpected peak levels. Here, the Active Gard system of the HD 300 PROtect is on the case. Instead of simply clipping peaks above 110 dB, the system adjusts the overall sound down to the maximum permitted volume - retaining all information and dynamics in the process. Other design elements also protect the user's concentration. For example, the maximum shielding of ambient noise and a sound pattern that is everything you could want when it comes to intelligibility, differentiation or resolution. The ergonomic design guarantees that, even after hours of work, only one thing 'carries weight': the sound.
The HD 300 PROtect combines advanced protection from peak levels with incredibly detailed sound and an exceptionally high level of wearing comfort. This makes it a reliable tool for demanding productions.
HD 300 PROtect. The healthy way to hear more.
Active Gard: Smart protection
The patented Active Gard technology of the HD 300 PROtect does not simply switch off at peak levels above 110 dB but reduces signals that are too loud down to a safe level. Previously disruptive or harmful volumes therefore remain distortion-free and clear, and control of the production is retained at all times. The HD 300 PROtect thereby not only satisfies with the European EC noise directive on industrial safety and noise control but also safeguards the hearing and presence of mind of all production staff, even in the event of big or small surprises.
The acoustics of the HD 300 PROtect are systematically tailored to the requirements of professional use. Its linear frequency response provides a neutral, high-resolution sound. With its highly sensitive transducers and precision diaphragms, the HD 300 PROtect achieves a phenomenal depth of detail which it reproduces - even at maximum volumes - in a crystal clear manner without distortions. For an ambient sound, we have recalculated the air volumes in front of the ear at a level, inspired by the HD 250 linear.
Comfortable even in continuous use
Professionals often wear headphones for several hours. The HD 300 PROtect is precisely designed for this purpose with its particularly soft, viscoelastic earpads - which also systematically filter out ambient noise - and finely balanced pressure distribution. This makes the HD 300 PROtect an exceptionally inconspicuous companion, even when used continuously.
- Switchable ActiveGuard to protect hearing for sound pressure levels above 110 dB
- Highest resolution due to accurate and linear sound reproduction
- Comfortable padding design allows for extended use in long wearing sessions
- Superior ambient noise attenuation in loud environments due to closed passive earcup construction
- Perfect companion for your daily work due to long lasting materials and exchangeable cables with Sennheiser's established system connector
- Impedance: 64 ohms
- Frequency response (Headphones): 6 Hz - 25kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 123 dB SPL @ 1 kHz (ActiveGard off)
- Contact pressure: 6.0 N ± 0.75 N
- Ear coupling: circumaural
- Power consumption: 500mW
- Storage temperature: -55°C to +70°C
- Operating temperature: -15°C to +55°C
- ActiveGard: 110 dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Distortion: 0.1 % @ 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Max. Sound pressure level (active): 110 dB SPL @ 1 kHz (ActiveGard on)
- Sensitivity: 108 ±3 dB SPL / 1 V rms / 1 kHz
- Transducer principle (headphones): dynamic, closed
- Weight w/o cable: 297 g
- Noise cancellation: Max 32 dB (passive)
- HD 300 PROtect headphone
- cable (1.5m with 3.5mm jack)
- 1/4 " Adapter jack
- Quick start guide