sE Electronics sE2200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 2 x 1" Gold Sputtered Diaphragms
- Externally-Polarized Condenser Capsule
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Custom-Built Transformer
Studio Condenser Cardioid Microphone with Isolation Pack
The sE2200: Classic sound, by any standards.
The sE2200 is the latest version of the award-winning cardioid condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications.
Made famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, it revives the spirit of classic studio microphones, and still remains a standard in mic lockers around the world.
Given the revered status of its predecessors, sE has remained true to the original capsule design, custom-built transformer and class-A circuit topologies, so it’s still the same condenser microphone loved by a whole generation of engineers.
State-of-the-art components and a shorter, optimized signal path provide even better noise performance & clarity, new pad & filter options increase its versatility, and the fit & finish has been updated with sE’s latest manufacturing techniques - but the sE2200 retains all the classic sound of the original.
HANDCRAFTED 1" TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
Although the sE2200 is a cardioid-only microphone, two (instead of one) gold-sputtered diaphragms are used to ensure best possible acoustic performance.
Built like the world’s finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2200 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
TRADITIONAL CLASS-A ELECTRONIC DESIGN
Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2200’s design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel – not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS & LOW-CUT FILTERS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
CUSTOM-BUILT OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200’s custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
ALL-METAL HOUSING & PREMIUM FINISH
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE2200's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
THE ISOLATION PACK
For situations where greater rumble control and ‘plosive protection is desired, this bundle also includes sE’s Isolation Pack. With the twist of a single knob, the mount attaches quickly and securely to the microphone, and is removable with the same simple motion. This allows the mic to be set up quickly and easily - no adjustments, no hassle.
The Isolation Pack also comes equipped with sE's curved metal pop filter, which efficiently slots in to the shockmount and is vertically adjustable for best performance.
- Traditional Class-A Electronic Design
- Carefully selected, discrete components ensure professional sound quality on any source
- Microphone's design avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits)
- Low noise, consistent performance, and high sensitivity is provided by surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances
- Two Switchable Attenuation Levels and Low-Cut Filters
- The -10 and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments
- Selectable at either 80 or 160 Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques
- Custom-Built Output Transformer
- Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200’s custom transformer is designed to provide superb depth and weight to the overall sonic image, while the heavy-shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation
- All-Metal Housing and Premium Finish
- The sE2200's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise.
- Gold Plated XLR Connector
- Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection
- Isolation Pack
- With the twist of a single knob, the shock-mount attaches quickly and securely to the microphone, and is removable with the same simple motion, allowing the mic to be set up quickly and easily without superfluous adjustments or hassle
- The Isolation Pack also comes equipped with sE's curved metal pop filter, which efficiently slots in to the shock-mount and is vertically adjustable for best performance
- Sound Field: Mono
- Capsule: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 1" / 25.40 mm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- High-Pass Filter:
80 Hz, 6 dB/Octave
160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL:
Cardioid: 125 dB SPL Peak
Cardioid: 135 dB SPL Peak
Cardioid: 145 dB SPL Peak
- Impedance: Cardioid: 50 Ohms
- Load Impedance: 1 Kilohms
- Sensitivity: Cardioid: 23.7 mV/Pa
- Dynamic Range:
Cardioid: 113 dB
Cardioid: 123 dB
Cardioid: 133 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Cardioid: 82 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: Cardioid: 12 dB A-Weighted
- THD: 0.5%
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR 3-Pin
- Operating Voltage: 48 V
- Operating Current Consumption: 4.2 mA
- Dimensions: ø: 2.01 x L: 8.46" / ø: 51 x L: 215 mm
- Weight: 21.55 oz / 611 g