Rolls Bellari SE560 Audio Sonic Exciter
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Whole System Sound Enhancement
- Use as Standalone Preamp
- Turntable/Phono Cartridge Enhancer
- Volume, Bottom & Definition Knobs
- 3.5mm & RCA Input
- 100 Ohm RCA Output
- Rugged Steel Chassis
- Includes Power Supply
Audio / Phono Sonic Exciter and Preamp for Turntables
The Rolls Bellari SE560 is a sonic enhancer for turntables, though it also functions as a preamp thanks to its ability to provide 19.1 dB of gain. It sports RCA inputs for phonographs, as well as a single stereo 3.5mm input for phones, tablets, and compatible media players.
The sonic enhancement is provided by means of two knobs, both of which offer tonal shaping. The Bottom knob controls frequency enhancement over the lower frequencies, while the Definition knob brings out elements in the upper registers. You can switch this circuit in and out with the Active switch.
Use this unit as a sonic improvement in your turntable, looping the device in between your phono pre and preamp/power amp. Alternatively, try streaming audio from laptops, phones, and tablets through the SE560 to add a bit of luster back to lossy audio formats. Switch the circuit out, and the unit can function as a standalone preamp.
A 15 VDC power supply is provided with the SE560. This unit is manufactured in the United States of America.
"What does the SE560 do exactly?" Quite honestly, "it makes things sound better."
"Take the SE560 home tonight," they said. Seemed easy enough. Take it home, listen to a couple of songs, then bring it back the next day and say, "it sounds good".
That should have been the end of it... It did not quite work out that way.
After listening to music with the SE560 for four hours straight I realized that this needed to be in my personal system full time.
I streamed music with my phone plugged directly into the SE560 for about four hours straight. It was a powerful experience. The sound improvement of the SE560 made me feel like I had pillows over my speakers before using it.
The experience #2:
I like vinyl, a LOT. So much so that I don't listen to many newer artists pressings as the sound is, well, just awful. My listening experience with the SE560 made it so I could listen to some vinyl I stayed clear of in the past, and actually enjoy the listening experience. I simply put the SE560 between my phono pre and my pre amp and the sound improvement was mesmerizing. It was fun, different and refreshing. It made me feel as though I won the lottery and purchased a $16,000 Clearaudio Goldfinger cartridge.
I honestly had a smile on my face the whole time.
What will it do?
1. It will take your speakers (whatever the price) and make them sound like speakers that are four times the cost.
2. It will make your phono cartridge sound like one of those you read about in magazines.
In a world where just about every company makes almost the same products it was nice to use something completely new.
1 x 3.5 mm TRS stereo input
2 x RCA inputs (stereo pair)
2 x RCA outputs (stereo pair)
- Gain: 19.1 dB gain at 1 kHz
Input: 1 kOhm
Output: 100 Ohms (RCA)
- Frequency Response: 3 Hz to 31 kHz
- THD: 0.003% at 1 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100 dB unweighted
- Indicator: 1 LED for power
- Power: 15 VDC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.5 x 3.5 x 1.3" / 14.0 x 8.9 x 3.2 cm
- Weight: 0.8 lb / 0.4 kg
- What's in the box?
- 1 - Made in the USA SE560
- 1 - 15V power supply (PN PS27s)
- 1 - This owners manual
- 1 - Lots of foam to keep all items safe, and scratch free
- 1 - Love for audio, Decades of experience building and designing
- 0 - Efforts to change the space time continuum