ROLI Seaboard GRAND Stage Keyboard Controller (61 Keywaves)
PA SKU # RLI GRANDSTAGE MFR # GST UPC # 814773020024
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 61 Keywaves
- Safe and Stable Elastomer Surface
- Increases Potential Performance Gestures
- Multi-Dimensional Modulation
- Equator Software Synthesizer
- Hybrid Synthesis Engine
- 48 Internal Presets
- Extensive Patch Editing and Effects
- Standalone, Audio Units, VST
- Mac OS X
USB MIDI Performance Instrument and Controller with 61 KeywavesThe Seaboard GRAND Stage from ROLI is a musical instrument that re-imagines the piano keyboard as a soft, continuous surface, expanding and placing the expression possibilities of the instrument at the artist's fingertips. Since the invention of the mechanical piano-style keyboard, performers have been forced to accept the velocity of a key strike as the end of that note's expressive potential.
With this instrument's keywave, a silicone rubber surface that covers sixty-one custom sensors, this interaction is merely the beginning. Intuitive gestures such as presses, bends and slides open new avenues to musical expression. Continuous touch enables the user to sound a note and then modulate volume and timbre through one continuous motion.
Adjusting pitch is as natural as it is on a stringed instrument. Slide a finger to the left to lower the pitch of a note; slide it to the right to raise it. The smooth feel of the playing surface allows for easily gliding from one keywave to the next, or for applying a natural vibrato to any note. Additionally, low-friction ribbons run along both the top and the bottom of the playing surface for performing other modulation gestures.
Equator is a software synthesizer included with the Seaboard GRAND Stage that forms a seamlessly integrated software /hardware workflow for producers, performers, and sound designers. A mix of wavetable oscillators, FM (Frequency Modulation), sample playback, multimode filters, and complex signal routing creates a powerful hybrid synthesis engine. Use different single-cycle waves for FM, layer with samples, send into several multi-mode filters with different configurations and outputs.
Continuous touch enables you to sound a note and then take it on a musical journey; modulating volume and timbre through one continuous motion. The Seaboard GRAND's keywaves offer precise tactile feedback, making it easy to sense the slightest change in pressure, resulting in a far more organic experience than traditional aftertouch.
Intuitive pitch control
Adjusting pitch is as natural on the Seaboard GRAND as it is on a stringed instrument. Slide a finger to the left to lower the pitch of a note; slide it to the right to raise it. The smooth feel of the playing surface lets you easily glide from one keywave to the next, or apply a natural vibrato to any note.
Unique, low-friction ribbons run along both the top and the bottom of the Seaboard GRAND's playing surface. They make it easy to start playing one keywave, then slide to any other keywave you choose in one fluid gesture, even allowing multiple notes to glissando independently at the same time.
- Silicon rubber keywaves transcend the rigid mechanics of a traditional piano style keyboard
- Use intuitive strike, bend, and press gestures to control multiple parameters on each note, completely independently
- Tailor each gesture's response to individual playing style using customizable transfer curves
- Balanced stereo and headphone outputs for monitoring and direct recording
- Integrated software synthesizer
- Three wavetable oscillators
- Two sample playback modules
- Frequency Modulation (FM) for all oscillators
- Graphic or traditional dial-based envelopes with various modes like one-shot, loop, note-release or the traditional ADSR mode
- Two LFOs
- Flexible routing and filter types (including comb filters)
- Built-in effects including a 5-band parametric equalizer, stereo chorus, stereo delay and stereo reverb
- When connected to a Mac, Desktop Equator runs as an Audio Units or VST plug-in from within a DAW or as a standalone app, and is controlled via MIDI over USB
- Save presets directly to the Seaboard and play them without a computer
2 x 1/4" TRS Audio Out (balanced)
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS Headphone Out
3 x 1/4" TRS Continuous Pedal Inputs
1 x USB 2.0 Type A
1 x USB 2.0 Type B
1 x 9-12 VDC Power Input
- System Requirements:
Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or faster recommended
OS X 10.7+
4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB RAM recommended)
- Power Requirements: 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz for included external power supply
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 36.9 x 13.3 x 1.0" (937 x 338 x 26 mm)
- Weight: 15.4 lb (7 kg)
- External Power Supply
- USB Cable
- Software USB Key
- Lightweight Case
- Two (2) Year Limited Warranty
Write Your Own Review
More from ROLI