Rode VideoMic-R Shotgun Microphone
PA SKU # ROD VIDEOMICR MFR # VIDEOMIC-R UPC # 698813002900
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 1 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
- Product Highlights
- Condenser Microphone
- Includes Free PG1 Pistol Grip
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Rycote Suspension System
- Mounts to Standard Camera Shoe
- 3.5mm Mini Plug
- Studio-Quality Sound
- 9V Battery Powered
Shotgun Mic for High-Quality DV Cameras
Camera Mounted Shotgun Microphone with Free PG1 Pistol Grip
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2" condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. (note that cameras with proprietary sized mounts require an additional adaptor.)
Its super cardioid polar pattern is highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The RODE VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is covered by RODE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- 9V battery power
- Integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, =10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8" thread)
- 10 year extended warranty with online registration at www.rodemic.com/warranty
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid - Picks up the front and sides and rejects 150 to the rear
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
- Power Options: 9V battery powered
- Weight: 176.00gm
- Dimensions: 65.00mmH x 102.00mmW x 250.00mmD
- Output: Minijack/3.5mm Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Write Your Own Review