PA SKU # ROD NTG8 MFR # NTG8 UPC # 698813002287
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Condenser Element
- Broadcast Sound Quality
- Highly Directional
- Natural Sounding Audio On & Off-Axis
- Extremely Low Handling Noise
- Includes Shock Mount & Windshield
Based on Rode's award winning NTG3, the NTG8 is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any professional distance miking application.
Precision Broadcast-Grade Long Shotgun Microphone
Like the NTG3, the NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Supercardiod polar pattern
- Highly directional polar response
- Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes weatherproof aluminum cylinder for transport, SM8 shock mount and wind shield
- 10 year extended warranty when you register online at www.rodemic.com/warranty
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: RF Bias
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 2Ω
- Maximum SPL: 124dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: P48
- (44-52V min 2.5mA)
- Weight: 345.00gm
- Dimensions: 559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD
- Output: XLR
- NTG8: RF-bias Long Shotgun Microphone
- SM8: Shock Mount for Long Shotgun Microphones
- WSNTG8: Windscreen
- RCNTG8: storage cylinder
Write Your Own Review
More from Rode