- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- For Indie Films, TV & Documentaries
- Moisture-Resistant for Humid Conditions
- Phantom Powered
- Simple Operation with No Controls
- Transparent Tone with Tight Low End
- Ultralow-Noise Circuitry
- Ultrahigh Sensitivity Needs Less Gain
- Slight Presence Boost & Bass Attenuation
- Includes Furry Windshield & Pistol Grip
- Compact, Ultralightweight Housing
Short, Ultra-Lightweight Shotgun Microphone Location Recording Kit
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The first thing you will notice about the NTG5 is the striking new body. The design has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics. The revolutionary design is the result of many months of specialised acoustic testing that began during the development of the TF5 - our new premium small diaphragm condenser mic designed in collaboration with legendary engineer Tony Faulker. The TF5's capsule features a unique perforated acoustic vent design and this breakthrough lead us to completely reimagine the NTG5's design, with acoustic perforations employed along the length of the microphone.
The result is a shotgun mic with unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncolored sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications. The annular line tube technology intrinsic to the NTG5's design sets it apart from all other microphones in its category, and will see this microphone take its place as a future industry standard.
A Boom Operator's Dream
The NTG5 features a short, super lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics on the market - a dream for boom operators who find themselves on long, demanding shoots, or filmmakers and sound recordists looking for a more portable and lightweight rig that delivers broadcast-grade audio.
The Perfect Location Recording Mic
Boasting a tightly controlled frequency response and very low self-noise, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. No excuses.
RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure the NTG5 is reliable in adverse environments. It is designed to be taken everywhere, with excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold and dust. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip and other accessories - it's ready to be taken into the field right out of the box.
The NTG5's highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response deliver superb audio whether used on a boom pole, pistol grip, or on-camera. It is ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources in any environment and will outperform high-end shotgun microphones that cost several times more. The perfect location recording mic.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
- Acoustic Principle: RF-bias condenser
- Active Electronics: RF-bias demodulation
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid shotgun
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB // 50 Hz - 20 kHz ±6 dB
- Output Impedance: 25 Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1%THD: 130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)
- Power Requirements: 2 mA @ 48V phantom power
- Sensitivity: -23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or
- Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
- Dimensions (LxWxH)
- NTG5: 203 x 19
- PG2-R: 117 x 60 x 240
- NTG5: 76g
- PG2-R: 224g
- Rode NTG5 Moisture-Resistant Short Shotgun Microphone
- Rode PG2-R Pistol Grip Shockmount
- Rode PG2-R Pro Cable for Rode Shockmounts
- Rode RM5 Stand Mount for the NT5 Microphone
- WS10 Furry Windshield
- Foam Windscreen
- Rode ZP1 Zip Pouch - for Rode S1, NT1-A, NT2-A, NT3, NT1000, NTG1 or Broadcaster microphones
- Limited 1-Year Warranty, Extendable to 10 Years upon Registration
- Rode SC3 TRRS to TRS Adapter$15.00