RME M-16 DA Digital to Analog Converter
PA SKU # RME M16DA MFR # M16DA UPC # 720189176982
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
16-Channel High-End MADI/ADAT to Analog Converter
16-Channel High-End MADI/ADAT to Analog ConverterThe M-16 DA from RME is an extremely high-quality 16-channel D/A converter. It utilizes MADI (Multi-channel Audio Digital Interface) technology, which allows up to 64 channels of audio to flow freely without the shortcomings of multi-core cable-based digital audio technology. Not only does the M-16 DA provide pristine audio circuitry, the great converters, and RME's famous SteadyClock technology, but the MADI protocol also enables incredibly long cable runs of over 1 mile (2000 meters)!
In order to put the M-16 DA to use, you need to have a computer with either an internal RME MADI card (such as the HDSP MADI), or an external RME MADI interface (like the HDSPe MADIface). If you're setting up a system where you'll need MADI A/D conversion on the other end, you can use the 16-channel M-16 AD or the 32-channel M-32 AD.
The additional MADI port on the rear of the M-16 DA facilitates stacking multiple units together, which makes it possible to take advantage of the full 64-channels that this system is capable of delivering. With that magnitude of power, combined with the ability to send these signals great distances, makes this system a powerful tool for a wide range of professional applications. Live location recording, recording studio facilities, and installed systems in stadiums and theaters can all benefit from the excellent caliber of sound quality that RME is known for and that the M-16 DA will provide.
- 16-channel D/A converter, symmetrically designed in a 2 rack-space enclosure
- Utilizes MADI (Multi-channel Audio Digital Interface) technology which allows up to 64 channels of audio to flow freely without the shortcomings of multi-core cable-based digital audio technology
- Digital audio protocol enables cable runs of up 1.25 miles (2000 meters)
- Fully MIDI controllable by sending MIDI messages over the MADI connection
- During power on and power off, all noise is suppressed in the analog section
- Zero delay compensation is necessary when stacking multiple units
- 16 6-segment LED meters
- Input DA: 4 x ADAT optical, 1 x MADI optical/coaxial
- Output DA: 1/4" TRS jack servo balanced, up to +21 dBu. 25 pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu
- Dynamic Range DA (SNR): 114 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
- THD+N DA: < -100 dB (< 0.001%)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 22 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 34 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 50 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Input level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/WC)
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, Word Clock, ADAT and MADI input
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 60 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm
Write Your Own Review
More from RME