RME ADI-8 QS 8-Channel AD/DA Converter
PA SKU # RME ADI8QS MFR # ADI8QS UPC # 874792004276
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Low latency conversion
- 16 LED Level Meters
- Analog & Digital Limiters
- SteadyClock Jitter Reduction
- Includes Remote Control
- Universal Power Supply
RME's ADI-8 QS is an 8-Channel hi-end AD/DA converter with an unrivalled bunch of features. The device combines excellent analog circuit design with outstanding low latency AD/DA converter chips of the latest generation. Along with the integrated SteadyClock, the QS offers an AD- and DA-conversion of the highest quality.
8-Channel 24 Bit/192 kHz Remote Controllable AD/DA Converter
Analog and digital limiters, 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O (optional MADI I/O) at up to 192 kHz, remote control via MIDI, digital input and output trimming for full level calibration, volume control for all 8 analog outputs, either separately or globally, digital thru-mode, operation over a wide voltage range and many more features make the QS truely unique.
The ADI-8 QS is RME's reference - highest performance in every detail, at an unbeaten price/performance ratio!
The 1 U height device offers an outstanding AD/DA conversion from/to AES/EBU and ADAT (MADI optional), at up to 192 kHz. The balanced inputs and outputs use RMEs circuit design, therefore guarantee outstanding noise and distortion values. Four different input and output levels each are available, offering a perfect adaptation to the analog domain. The latest generation AD/DA converters provide samplerates up to 192 kHz with a SNR of 120 dBA.
Due to its efficient jitter reduction, SteadyClock(TM) guarantees pristine sound quality independently from the quality of the external clock signal. Additionally Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal.
The technologies known from other RME products like SyncCheck ensure perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors. Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock. All settings are stored when the unit is switched off.
The QS can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI. Each QS can be given a separate ID, allowing separate remote controllability of various devices with only one MIDI channel.
The included Hardware Remote Control allows to control the monitoring volume directly from the working place. A reference volume once saved can be recalled anytime, and of course we did not forget to add a DIM function (-20 dB).
In the QS RME uses a high-class AD converter from Cirrus Logic, offering exceptional Signal to Noise and distortion figures. But the biggest difference to all other ADCs out there is its innovative digital filter, achieving for the first time a delay of only 12 samples in Single Speed (0.25 ms), 9 samples in Double Speed (0.09 ms), and 5 (!) samples in Quad Speed (0.026 ms).
These values are less than a quarter of those available from even much more expensive devices. They represent an important step in further reducing the latency in the computer-based recording studio. At DS and QS the added latency can simply be ignored. The DA-converter offers similar conversion in the range of 5 to 10 samples, turning analog digital monitoring into real analog-style monitoring!
- 8-Channel AD converter, fully symmetrical design, 117 dBA
- 8-Channel DA converter, DC-coupled signal path, double balanced output, 120 dBA
- Low latency conversion: only 8 samples of delay!
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT I/O, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- Digital input/output trim, range 6 dB per I/O
- Analog and digital limiter for AD-conversion
- 16 LED level meters with 7 LEDs each
- included Remote control for store/recall, volume and DIM
- SyncCheck, unique technology to check clock synchronisation
- All settings are stored permanently
- Fully remote controllable
- Input AD: 1/4" TRS jack and 25 pin D-sub, servo balanced, completely symmetrical audio path
- Output AD: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical, optional MADI
- Input DA: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical, optional MADI
- Output DA: 1/4" TRS jack servo balanced, up to +21 dBu. 25 pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu. DC-coupled audio path
- Dynamic Range AD: 117 dBA
- THD AD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032 %)
- THD+N AD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 130 dB
- Dynamic Range DA: 120 dBA unmuted
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- THD+N DA: < -102 dB (< 0.0008 %)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Input level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu, each adjustable by 6 dB in steps of 0.5 dB via Digital Input Trim
- Output level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu, each adjustable by +/- 6 dB in steps of 0.5 dB
- Output level global: 0 down to -96 dB in 48 steps
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.1 dB: 10 Hz - 23.2 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 44.6 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 63.4 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Power supply: Internal switching mode ps, 100 V-240 V AC
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 483 x 44 x 200 mm
- Warranty: 2 years
Write Your Own Review