- PreSonus Eris E4.5 Hi-Definition 2-Way 4.5" Nearfield Monitors (Pair)
- SKU # PSN ERISE45
- MFR # ERIS E4.5
- UPC # 673454002632
Only 3 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).$199.95
- For Studio Recording, Mixing, Mastering
- Acoustic Tuning Adjustment Controls
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter for Treble
- 4.5" Kevlar Woofer Cone for Bass
- 25W Class AB Amplification
- RF Interference and Overload Protection
- Heat, Transient, and Subsonic Protection
- 100 dB Maximum SPL
- 70 to 20,000 Hz Frequency Response
- 1/8" Stereo Headphone Output Included
Studio Monitors Are Not Your Average Speaker
Studio monitors are speakers that are specifically designed for professional audio production applications, such as recording studios, filmmaking, television studios, radio studios and project or home studios, where accurate audio reproduction is critical to workflow.
Studio monitors are designed to produce a relatively flat or linear frequency response. A good studio monitor won't emphasize or de-emphasize any particular frequencies. This is sometimes referred to as uncolored or transparent sound. Good studio monitors work to reproduce the audio signal as cleanly and correctly as possible.
Studio monitors can be active or passive like other speakers. Active simply means that the speaker contains internal power amplification requiring only to be plugged into the wall and the sound source. Active studio monitors are also often bi-amplified which means that the signal is separated into low and high frequencies by an internal crossover and then passed through separate high and low frequency amplifiers. Passive studio monitors will require an external power amplifier to function.