- Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Pro Reference Headphones
- SKU # AT ATHR70X
- MFR # ATH-R70X
- UPC # 4961310130954
- 45mm Drivers
- High Efficiency Magnets
- Pure Alloy Magnetic Circuit Design
- Aluminum Honeycomb-Mesh Housings
- Breathable Fabric Earpads
- Dual-Sided Detachable Locking Cable
- 3-D Wing Support System
- Weighs 210 g Without Cable
- Carbon Composite Resin For Rigidity
- Includes Carrying Pouch
- Audio-Technica ATH-M2x Mid-Size Open-Back Dynamic Stereo Headphones
- SKU # AT ATHM2X
- MFR # ATH-M2X
- UPC # 042005200207
Mid-Size Open-Back Dynamic Stereo Headphones
Studio Headphones are definitely a hat we wear often here at Performance Audio. The recording studio is one of those places where we feel right at home.
Studio Headphones are basically headphones that are designed to be used for monitoring and recording applications. They are typically closed-back and feature a more neutral or flat frequency response.
Neutral or flat sound reproduction just means that Studio Headphones are not colored to add extra punch to the bass or otherwise change the sound. The goal instead being to give you as accurate a reproduction of your source audio as possible.
While most Studio Headphones do offer decent bass reproduction, if your goal is brain pounding sonic vibes, you may want to peruse a different type of headphone. But if you want a well balanced soundscape, you're in the right place.