PA SKU # APH EXCITER MFR # EXCITER UPC # 693714020411
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Restore and Recreate Lost Harmonics
- Enhance Bass without EQ Boosting
- Improve Clarity and Presence
- Differentiate Voicing and Sonic Details
- Maintain Overall Output Level
- Adjustable Operating Level Switches
- Independent Control of Channels 1 and 2
- XLR and 1/4" Inputs and Outputs
Legendary Professional Two Channel Audio Enchancement - 35 Years and Counting
Two Channel Aural Exciter and Optical Big Bottom
Since its introduction in 1975, close to a million Aphex Aural Exciters have found their way into recording studios and broadcast facilities, nightclubs and concert halls, arenas and airports, musicians' and DJs' rigs and houses of worship. The Aural Exciter's patented technology has been often imitated but never duplicated.
Each of the Aural Exciter's two independent channels feature Tune, Harmonics and Mix controls, enabling you to focus on select frequencies just like on an EQ. But unlike an EQ, the Aural Exciter's harmonic processing doesn't boost the signal's output level, so it maintains a clear and balanced sound.
Traditional EQ increases the output level of the targeted frequencies. Adding EQ to boost selected frequencies typically results in a perceived loss of other frequencies, which are then also boosted to compensate. The Aural Exciter's patented technology harmonically brings out the desired frequencies without adding gain. The result is audio that's more balanced, more articulate and, simply put, better sounding.
Over three decades of research, development and refinement have kept the Aural Exciter at the cutting edge. The new Aural Exciter and Optical Big Bottom features the same no-compromise audio quality Aphex is known for, with the highest quality componentry and rugged, durable construction to withstand the rigors of travel and constant use.
For more than 35 years, the Aural Exciter's patented technology has been the audio professional's secret weapon, a powerful way to improve and enhance sonic quality more naturally than with equalization.
For individual sounds or entire mixes, the Aural Exciter brings out detail, clarity, and imaging that elevates your sound without adding level. For vocals and spoken dialog, it can dramatically increase intelligibility. For individual instruments, it adds punch and presence. And on mixes, it adds power, presence, and sparkle. The Aural Exciter is the ideal solution for breathing life into MP3s and other compressed audio files.
Optical Big Bottom
The Optical Big Bottom adds deep, powerful low-frequency punch, without the unwanted level boost that comes from adding traditional EQ. Deeper, more resonant bass response with tighter articulation helps to extend low frequency power and spectrum without the build-up or driver-damaging tendencies of bass EQ.
- Increased presence and clarity
- Greater perceived loudness
- Improved detail and intelligibility
- Extended low frequencies
- Tighter bass articulation
- Frequency Respons: 10Hz - 38 kHz(+/- 0.5dB)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Hum and Noise(unweighted 22Hz-22kHz): -93 dBu
- Crosstalk(10 Hz - 22kHz): -79 dB
- THD(10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0003%
- IMD(10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0007%
- IF LEVEL SET TO +4 dBu: IF LEVEL SET TO -10dBv (-7.8dBu)
- Connector: XLR-3F and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks: same
- Type: Transformerless, active balanced: same
- Balanced: 40k ohms: same
- Unbalanced: 20k ohms: same
- Maximum Level: +27 dBu: +12.5 dBV (+14.8 dBu)
- CMRR: >40 dB: same
- Connector: XLR-3M and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks
- Type: Active balanced(may be used unbalanced)
- Balanced: 112 ohms
- Unbalanced: 56 ohms
- Maximum Level: +27dBu Unloaded; +25 into 600 ohms
- OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
- Power requirements: 90-250 VAC 50-60 Hz 12W
- Dimensions: 19"W x 1.75"H x 8.25" D 1 Rack U(482.6mm x 44.5mm x 209.6mm)
- Net Weight: 6 lbs(2.73 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs(4.1 kg)
- Recording, Mixdown and Post Production - The Aural Exciter was born in the recording studio, and its legacy is founded on thousands of legendary recordings bearing the unmistakable Aphex sound. Engineers and producers have used the Aural Exciter to bring out vocals and on instruments from acoustic to electric and eclectic to exotic. It's at the heart of great sounding mixes in rock, pop, jazz, classical, and every other genre of modern music. And you'll find the Aural Exciter in TV and film post production suites the world over.
- Broadcasting / Webcasting - The Aural Exciter brings clarity and intelligibility to spoken word and narration. For terrestrial and satellite broadcasters, the Aural Exciter provides the powerful articulation necessary to deliver crisp, clear signal in the face of today's digital broadcasting challenges. For live and recorded web streaming, the Aural Exciter adds the definition and dimension that's so often lost in the compression of today's Internet audio.
- Live Sound - At Front of House, the Aural Exciter can help to bring out an individual player or add dimension to the entire mix, making it an important tool for the challenges of changing venues and acoustics. Monitor engineers also depend on the Aural Exciter to improve clarity and articulation to monitor and in-ear mixes on stage without having to increase volumes to dangerous levels.
- Installed Sound - Ideal for adding intelligibility and clarity to challenging spaces and loudspeaker placement, the Aural Exciter can deliver audio clarity under the most demanding conditions.
- DJ - In the eternal quest for more volume and more bass, the Aural Exciter delivers, while also addressing the need for brightness and definition without the use of speaker-damaging EQ. The Aural Exciter is a prized part of any nightclub or live DJ's amp rack.
Write Your Own Review
More from Aphex