Radial Space Heater 8-Channel Tube Drive Summing Mixer
PA SKU # RE SPACEHEATER MFR # R800 7050 UPC # 676101041336
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 4x 12AX7 Dual-Cathode Tubes
- Heat Switch on Each Channel
- D-Sub Inputs and Outputs
- Stereo Sum Outputs
- 5-Pin XLR External Power Supply
Summing Mixer, 8 Channel with 12AX7 Tubes and Transformer IsolationThe Space Heater 8-Channel Tube Drive Summing Mixer by Radial Engineering is a 1U rack-mountable summing mixer designed to warm up tracks in digital recording applications and to add character, headroom and quality of analog sound to digital mixing. The unit has four 12AX7 dual-cathode tubes wired as stereo pairs to drive the eight channels. Each channel features a unique Heat switch that lets you set the B+ tube voltage from 37, 75 and 150 volts to produce the desired amount of harmonic content or distortion. Setting the Space Heater to the highest voltage optimizes the tube performance for natural tube warmth. Reducing the voltage delivers a creamy and smooth distortion.
Each of the eight channels is transformer coupled for added character while providing greater immunity against hum and buzz caused by ground loops. For recordings where you may prefer the sound of a vintage resistive summing mixer, the tube drive on each channel may be bypassed. A master left-right bus enables all eight channels to be mixed to stereo and auditioned via the built-in headphone amplifier. Eight balanced 1/4" TRS inputs, with individual sends and returns are coupled with two 25-pin D-Sub connectors to provide plenty of connectivity. And with a stereo LINK, you can easily expand to 16, 24 or even 32 channels for more possibilities.
This Space Heater is ideal for warming up vocals, adding grit to bass, and producing crushing drum tracks. Used live, it delivers a more natural sound to in-ear monitors without having to revert to lackluster compression.
- Eight TRS balanced input and output jacks for easy connection to the Space Heater
- 25-pin D-Sub follows the Tascam/Pro Tools standard and is wired in parallel to the 1/4" jacks
- Eight 1/4" TRS balanced sends feed the post tube signal to an external processor or may be used as additional outputs for parallel processing
- Stereo summing outputs provide left and right summed outputs for the old school analogue character
- Recessed ground lift switch lifts pin-1 on the two XLR outputs to help reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Stereo 1/4" TRS link in/out bus used to combine two or more Space Heaters together for 16x2, 24x2 or even 32x2 expansion
- 1/4" Stereo phone jack to connect headphones
- Inputs: 8x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS balanced
- D-Sub Input: 25-pin (follows the Tascam/Pro Tools standard and is wired parallel to the 1/4" jacks)
- Send: 8x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS balanced
- Receiver Input: 8x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS balanced receive jacks bring the signal back to the Space Heater and route it to the D-Sub output or stereo mix bus
- D-Sub Output: 25-pin (used to send all 8 transformer-isolated channels back to the mixing console or workstation)
- Headphone Output: 1/4" (6.3 mm)
- Stereo Sum Outputs: L/R
- Ground Lift: Yes
- Buttons or Switches: On, Bus, HPF, Tube Drive On, Drive, Heat, Level, Mix Bus On, Mix Bus, Headphones
- Link: Stereo 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS
- Power: 5-pin locking XLR
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 22.5 x 10.5 x 5" (57 x 27 x 13 cm)
- Weight: 9.7 lb (4.4 kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from Radial