Radial JD6 Six-Channel Rackmount Direct Box
PA SKU # RE JD6 MFR # R800 6000 UPC # 676101034864
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- 6-Channel Passive DI for Keyboards, 1RU 19" Rackmount with Front Panel 1/4" & RCAs
6-Channel Passive DI for Keyboards, 1RU 19" Rackmount with Front Panel 1/4" & RCAsThe Radial JD6 is a high performance 6-channel rackmount direct box designed for the most demanding studio and live touring applications. Stemming from the industry standard Radial JDI, the JD6 incorporates six top-of-the-line Jensen audio transformers with extra RF filtering to ensure optimal signal transfer without noise, distortion or artifact of any kind.
Jensen transformers are legendary in their ability to withstand extreme signal levels without choking. This makes the JD6 particularly effective when managing high output active devices such as digital pianos that will often overload most direct boxes or preamps. The passive design further benefits due to its ability to provide galvanic isolation from the input to the output, thus eliminating the hum and buzz that is often encountered due to ground loops and DC current offsets. This makes the JD6 particularly effective for use with keyboards, drum machines, electronic drums and audio sources such as CD players or computers.
Each JD6 channel is equipped with a rear-mounted 1/4" instrument input and thru-put for the artist's amp plus a lo-Z balanced mic level XLR output to feed the mixing desk. The front panel presents an ergonomically efficient array of switches and connectors including ground lift, 180(0) polarity reverse, stereo to mono merge plus a low-pass filter to reduce unwanted high frequency noise that is common with older vintage keyboards. Channels 1 and 2 are supplemented with front panel 'priority' connectors for improved efficiency.
These features combine to present a true 'Swiss army knife' of options making the Radial JD6 the finest rack DI made today.
- Six channel rack DI for live stage and studio
- Jensen transformers add warmth to digital sources
- Handles high signal levels without distortion
- Front and rear panel connectivity for added routing options
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Six channels
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+/- 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Maximum input: +21dB @ 20Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase deviation: 0.3 @ 100Hz; 3 @ 20Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Jensen JT-DBE, 12: 1 ratio
- Shield: Dual Faraday, mu-metal can
- Input pad: -15dB
- Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono (ch. 1 & 2 only)
- 180 polarity reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors (ch. 1 & 2): RCA L/R in, 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Connectors (ch. 3 ~ 6): 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (W x H x D) 483 x 44.5 x 159mm ("19" x 1.75" x 6.25")
- Weight: Looking for this spec
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 260 x 114 x 568mm (10.25" x 4.50" x 22.37")
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 kg (8.15 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Write Your Own Review
More from Radial