QSC KW181 18" Active Subwoofer
PA SKU # QSC KW181 MFR # KW181-BK UPC # 684284057839
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 4 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
- Product Highlights
- 18" Woofer
- 1000W Class-D Amplifier
- XLR/TRS Combo Inputs and XLR Outputs
- Phoenix Remote Connector
- Integrated DSP with DEEP
- Intrinsic Correction and GuardRail
- Pole Socket and Low-Noise Casters
18" Ported, 1000W Subwoofer with Integrated CastersBuilding on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
High Output: Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Control: On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Tilt-Direct: The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Premium-grade materials: KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct on KW122 and KW152, standard (non-tilt) pole socket on KW153
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (full-range models)
- KW122 also functions as stage monitor
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 38 Hz to 124 Hz
- Voltage: Universal Power Supply
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 34 Hz to 143 Hz
- Amplifiers Power Output: 1000 W Class D continuous 2000 W peak
- Transducer: 18" cone transducer
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB peak
- Amplifiers Input Impedance: 38 kΩ(XLR / 1/4"/ balanced), 19 kΩ(XLR / 1/4"/ unbalanced)
- Configuration: 18" subwoofer
- Enclosure Grille: Rugged Powder-Coated Steel Grille
- Amplifiers Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Amplifiers Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifiers Connectors: Dual balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Amplifiers AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- Enclosure Available Accessories: KW181 cover
- Amplifiers Controls: Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Amplifiers AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- Enclosure Finish: Black textured paint
- Amplifiers Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- Enclosure Dimensions (HWD): 20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9" with casters 510 mm x 595 mm x 761 mm with casters
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Enclosure Weight (Net): 88 lb (40 kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from QSC