QSC CXD4.3 Processing Amplifier
PA SKU # QSC CXD43XX MFR # CXD4.3-XX UPC # 684284060549
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology
- Onboard DSP
- 20 Factory Presets
- 50 User Preset Banks
- Channel Metering, Select, Mutes
- Intrinsics Correction for QSC Speakers
Power Amplifier with DSP for System IntegrationThe QSC CXD Series represents a revolutionary advancement in amplifier technology and innovation. Designed specifically for the needs of integrators, CXD provides efficient, robust and extraordinarily high fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers while simultaneously deploying sophisticated digital processing - all with optimal energy and rack space efficiency. The CXD Series consists of three powerful, four- channel amplifiers, each with onboard DSP, and the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems including 70V and 100V without the use of transformers. These amplifiers not only provide the power and processing to make your system perform better, they offer outstanding efficiency ensuring that energy costs will be kept to a minimum over the life of the installation.
Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST)
CXD amplifiers feature Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various configurations across one, two, three or all four outputs. On the CXD4.3 and CXD4.5, this power can also be used to drive 70V or 100V speaker lines directly from any one or all of the four outputs. This flexibility allows CXD Series amplifiers to drive (for example) two full-range surface mounted speakers along with a subwoofer and one 100V distributed speaker line; or a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified full-range loudspeaker; three 70V distributed speaker lines and a low impedance surface mount speaker line; or a single high- power channel driving monster subwoofers.
CXD Series amplifiers use QSC's next generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new output device. These purpose built MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer better audio quality and thermal performance due to co-location of the semiconductors.
CXD amplifiers benefit from the proven PowerLight power supply, made even better with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables CXD Series amps to draw current from the wall in a more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker.
CXD amplifiers also incorporate several energy conservation and efficiency strategies. One such tool is the unique multi-stage sleep mode that saves energy when possible without sacrificing performance.
A single CXD Series amplifier is more than just an amplifier. It is also a capable and sophisticated loudspeaker processor. Integration of DSP and amplification means that the processor knows exactly what the amplifier is doing, allowing the dynamics processing and protection circuitry to be far more accurate and effective. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that provide the amplifier and loudspeaker combination to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
The onboard DSP offers four channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, alignment delay and dynamics processing - everything needed to optimize a loudspeaker system. Additionally when using QSC loudspeakers, the CXD amplifiers offer Intrisic Correction, a combination of Filtering, Limiting and speaker processing first developed for our WideLine line array loudspeakers, that compensates for the non-linearities in array and horn design, resulting in exceptional performance.
With four channels of amplification plus signal processing in just 2RU, the CXD series replaces equipment taking up as much as three times the rack-space.
Simplicity and Control
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 modifiable factory presets for the most common applications. A Preset Wizard is also available that simplifies amplifier setup and enables selection of loudspeakers. With an intuitive front panel UI, programming is a breeze. The CXD amplifiers also offer GPIO for system supervision and the ability to utilize contact closures to set the amps into standby or recall specific presets. With a host of integration features the CXD amplifiers are perfect for your application.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three or all four channels.
- Capable of providing up to 5,000 watts continuous and 8,000 watts peak with 70V or 100V direct drive on each output of the CXD4.3 and CXD4.5, and on bridged output pairs of the CXD4.2.
- Full function onboard loudspeaker processing DSP with crossover and parametric EQ Filters, limiting and alignment delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors.
- E Series Entertainment System DSP Tunings are now available for CXD processing amplifiers:
- - Visit the Amplifier Navigator Software to download and update
- Power Specifications
- 4 Independent Channels: Peak / Continuous, A, B, C, D
- 70V: 500 W / 500 W
- 100V: 625 W / 625 W
- 8Ω: 900 W / 625 W
- 4Ω: 1400 W / 625 W
- 2Ω: 1200 W / 625 W
- 2 Channel BTL Bridged: Peak / Continuous, A+B or C+D, Doubles Voltage
- 8Ω: 2400 W / 1250 W
- 4Ω: NR* / NR*
- 2Ω: NR* / NR*
- 2 Channel Parallel: Peak / Continuous, AB or CD, Doubles Current
- 8Ω: 1300 W / 1150 W
- 4Ω: 2000 W / 1250 W
- 2Ω: 2500 W / 1250 W
- 1 Channel 3CH Parallel: Peak / Continuous, ABC, Triples Current
- 8Ω: 1400 W / 1150 W
- 4Ω: 2400 W / 2000 W
- 2Ω: 3500 W / 2500 W
- 1 Channel Bridged/Parallel: Peak / Continuous, AB+CD, Doubles Current and Voltage
- 8Ω: 3500 W / 2500 W
- 4Ω: 5000 W / 2500 W
- 2Ω: NR* / NR*
- 1 Channel 4CH Parallel: Peak / Continuous, ABCD, Quadruples Current
- 8Ω: 1400 W / 1150 W
- 4Ω: 3000 W / 2500 W
- 2Ω: 5000 W / 2500 W
- General Specifications
- Typical distortion: 0.01-0.06%
- Maximum distortion: 1.00%
- Frequency response
- 20 Hz-15 kHz ±0.2 dB
- 20 Hz-20 kHz +0.2/-0.7 dB
- Unweighted Output Unmuted: -101 dB
- Weighted Output Muted: -109 dB
- Gain (1.2V setting): 38.4 dB
- Damping factor: >150
- Input impedance: >10k ohm, balanced or unbalanced
- Maximum rms input level
- (3.9V setting): 12.28 V (+24 dBu)
- (1.2V setting): 3.88 V (+14 dBu)
- Amplifier and load protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. on/off muting, DC fault shutdown, active inrush limiting, input current limiting
- AC power input: Universal Power Supply 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Agency approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE compliant, FCC Class A (conducted and radiated emissions)
- Controls, Indicators and Connections
- Carton contents: Locking IEC cable, Quick Start Guide, USB cable
- Controls and indicators (front): Power- Channel MUTE Buttons - Channel SELECT buttons - Channel input signal and CLIP LED indicators - Channel output and LIMIT LED meters - HOME, ENTER, EXIT, GAIN navigation buttons - Control knob
- Controls and indicators (rear): AC power disconnect
- Weights and Dimensions
- Dimensions (HWD) inches: 3.5 x 19 x 16
- Dimensions (HWD) mm: 89 x 482 x 406
- Weight Net: 21 lb / 9.53 kg
- Weight Shipping: 25 lb / 11.3 kg
Write Your Own Review
More from QSC