QSC AD-C820S High-Output Ceiling Mount Loudspeaker (Square Grille)
PA SKU # QSC ADC820SSYSTEM MFR # AD-C820S
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 8" Low-Frequency Woofer
- 1.4" Diaphragm Compression Driver
- 200 Watt Continuous Power Rating
- 70/100V Multi-Tap Transformer Included
- Distributed or Low-Impedance Mode
- Includes Baffle Assembly for Backcan Install
High-Output Ceiling Mount Loudspeaker (Backcan Assembly) (Square Grille)The AD-C820 and AD-C821 are acoustically identical and designed for music playback, public address and distributed audio in applications that require high output from a ceiling mounted loudspeaker. The AcousticDesign Series of installation loudspeakers has been designed for trouble free operation and versatility. Both models use custom designed transducers and crossover networks, in combination with an acoustically optimized enclosure (AD-C800BB), or as a fully integrated, sealed system (AD-C821). These loudspeakers continue the AD Series philosophy of bringing natural and accurate sound quality combined with versatility and reliability to high-ceiling applications.
The AD-C820 assembly includes the coentrant transducers, a 70V/100V transformer and a crossover mounted on an ABS baffle. When ordered as a system (AD-C820R SYSTEM; AD-C820S SYSTEM) the backbox (AD-C800BB) and a round or square grille are included.
The AD-821 is a fully integrated, factory sealed system using a "dog-ear" style mounting scheme. When ordered as a system (AD-C821R SYSTEM; AD-C821S SYSTEM) a set of tile rails and a c-ring are included as is a round or square grille.
The 8" woofer is equipped with a treated paper cone on a steel frame. In the optimized enclosure the usable low frequency of the system extends to 52 Hz. The 1.4" compression driver fires through the center of the woofer and is acoustically mated to the woofer for a smooth transition at crossover. The system achieves 90 degree axisymmetric coverage.
High-current, low tolerance network components provide smooth full-range, passive performance. The included 70V/100V, custom designed transformer is optimized for low line loss as well as accurate and transparent acoustic performance.
The AD-C820/C821 loudspeakers measure 91dB sensitivity (1W/1m) and at full continuous power are capable of producing 114 dB SPL (1W/1m) output.
- 8" low-frequency woofer
- 1.4" diaphragm compression driver
- 200 watt continuous power rating
- 70V/100V multi-tap transformer included (system can operate in distributed or low-impedance mode)
- AD-C820 transducer/baffle assembly for separated backcan installation
- AD-C821 designed as a fully integrated blind-mount system
- Configuration: Passive
- Low-frequency Transducer: 8" (203 mm) ferrite woofer
- Hight-frequency Transducer: 1.4" (36 mm) neodymium compression driver
- Frequency Range
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 61 Hz to 18 kHz
- Useable Frequency Range (-10 dB): 52 Hz to 18 kHz
- Maximum Output
- Calculated Peak Output: 120 dB SPL
- Calculated Continuous Output: 114 dB SPL
- Nominal Coverage: 90° horizontal and vertical
- Nominal Impedance: 16 ohms
- Power Rating
- Continuous power handling: 200 W
- Recommended amplifier power(loudspeaker "program" power): 400 W
- Sensitivity: 91 dB SPL, 1W/1m
- Bass Loading: Ported
- Transformer Type: Custom low distortion laminated core, wide bandwidth design
- Transformer Taps:
- 100 V: 16 ohms bypass, 100 W, 50 W, 25 W
- 70 V: 16 ohms bypass, 100 W, 50 W, 25 W, 12.5 W
- Agency Rating: CE, UL 1480 (commercial/professional use) UL 2043 (air handling spaces)
- Enclosure Volume: AD-C800BB: 18 liter (0.64 ft³)
- Back box (AD-C800BB): ceramic block connector inputs and "through" connectors (rated for 400 W max).
- Loudspeaker Baffle (AD-C820): 10-pin MATE-N-LOK connector and faston connectors.
- Mounting Hardware: Pre-installed, suspended, back box, four vertical mounting straps.
- Loudspeaker Baffle: captive, integral Mounting Clamps.
- Weight - Net:
- AD-C820: 8 lb (3.6 kg)
- AD-C800BB: 9.5 lb (4.3 kg)
- System Weight: 17.5 lb (7.9 kg)
- Diameter: 14.9" (379 mm)
- Enclosure only Depth: 8.3" (211 mm)
- Enclosure with mounting straps Depth: 11.2" (284 mm)
- AD-C820 speaker baffle
- AD-C800BB Backcan assembly
- AD-C800SG Square grille (white, paintable)
Write Your Own Review
More from QSC