PA SKU # PSN STUDIOLIVE18SAI MFR # STUDIOLIVE 18SAI UPC # 673454002076
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 18" Ferrite Subwoofer
- Active Integration with Temporal EQ
- 96kHz/32-bit Floating-Point DSP
- 1,000W of Class D Amplification
- Balanced XLR/TRS Stereo Line Inputs
- Balanced XLR Stereo Line Throughputs
- Wired or Wireless Control via Software
- Polarity Invert
- Integrated Top-Mount Pole Insert
- Plywood Construction
Perfect for contractors and anyone who needs a system with powerful low end, the StudioLive 18sAI active PA subwoofer features a powered 18-inch, ferrite driver that will deliver the bottom you need with an accuracy usually found only in studio monitors.
18" Active Subwoofer with AI Technology
The StudioLive 18sAI's Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP gives these groundbreaking new subwoofers studio-monitor accuracy and delivers wireless and wired control of all setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
Although it is designed to complement the full-range StudioLive AI speakers, the StudioLive 18sAI is flexible enough to work with other powered loudspeakers. An adjustable (0, 2, or 4 feet) alignment delay allows the subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system and correctly combine with them. When used with a StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, or 328AI, the StudioLive 18sAI forms a true four-way system.
How low can you get?
With the StudioLive 18sAI, you can get pretty darned low! The frequency response for this subwoofer ranges from QQQ to QQQ Hz. And it delivers those low frequencies with plenty of muscle, thanks to its 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D power amplifier.
Connections are straightforward, with stereo line inputs (XLR/1/4-inch combo) and full-range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR).
The lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles, an integrated pole insert, and interlocking stacking provisions for use with a full-range system such as those in the StudioLive AI series. Options include a mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI.
These features are important but what makes the StudioLive 18sAI special is its amazing accuracy and control features-the result of PreSonus Active Integration technology.
The future is Active Integration
Products that sense each other, interact and work together via wireless and wired communication, feature 32-bit floating-point DSP and seamlessly integrated software, and run on CPUs far more powerful than competitors' current audio products-PreSonus has realized this dream with its new Active Integration technology.
Active Integration incorporates communications, wireless networking, and huge amounts of DSP into a specialized, custom chip. Essentially, we've put a computer into these speakers, with enough processing power to handle not only the specialized algorithms for tuning the system to near-perfection but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, the variable low-pass filter, and much more.
As with the full-range StudioLive AI-series systems, the StudioLive 18sAI offers the benefits of Active Integration, including remote control-including wireless control-over output level, user-adjustable contours, and more and uses 32-bit floating point DSP for the variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting.
You're in control-here, there, and everywhere
Every Active Integration product-including StudioLive AI-series speakers-includes both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
The master control center resides in SL Room Control, a rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
With SL Room Control, you can full configure, tune, and monitor networked StudioLive AI PA speakers from anywhere in the venue. You can even visually display the room layout on a laptop or iPad!
The divine interface
Active Integration doesn't stop at remote control. Swap out your StudioLive loudspeaker's Ethercon control card for the StudioLive Dante upgrade, and you can ditch those analog cables.
- 18-inch transducer with 1,000 watt, Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Wireless networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-1/4" combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2, or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors
- Wireless or wired networking with SL Room Control for complete setup, tuning, and monitoring from anywhere in your venue.
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network.
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, speaker delay, polarity, and variable crossover
- Variable low-pass filter
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card
- Optional mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI
Write Your Own Review
More from PreSonus