PreSonus R80 Active AMT Studio Monitor
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 6.8" AMT Ribbon Tweeter
- 8" Kevlar LF Driver
- XLR, 1/4" & RCA Inputs
- Acoustic Space Settings
- 150 Watts Class-D Amplification
- Energy Conservation Mode
8" Active AMT Near Field Studio Monitor - Each
Hear the most subtle details.
The R80 features a custom 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the "air" and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R80's transparent and highly accurate sound makes it ideal for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments.
Superior transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R80 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01 mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image.
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1-inch dome tweeter, enabling R80 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R80 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it's less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R80 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R80 utilizes an 8-inch, custom-coated, woven Kevlar low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifier-making the R series some of the most powerful monitors in their category-these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way.
You can customize the R80 in several ways. It's available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio décor. With balanced XLR, balanced ¼" TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it's easy to feed audio to your R80 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
The R80's AMT monitor design provides lifelike sonic reproduction that will allow you to hear the room in your recordings. Its transparent sound and responsive transient reproduction makes it an ideal solution for anyone who is mixing high-resolution audio. Hear the R80 at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Featuring a 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (ATM) ribbon tweeter and 8-inch, custom-coated, woven Kevlar LF drivers, PreSonus R80 active studio monitors deliver a transparent and highly accurate sound with a wide sweet spot, making them a great choice for broadcast, post production, and commercial and home recording studios alike.
PreSonus' active R80 studio monitors feature a custom-made, 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) ribbon tweeter that provides excellent transient response and low distortion for a clean, detailed, and highly dynamic output. The 8-inch, custom coated, woven Kevlar LF driver produces a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone's ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range, resulting in transparent sound with reduced reflections. With 100W RMS of Class D amplification driving the woofer and 50W RMS driving the ribbon tweeter, these are among the most powerful monitor speakers in their category.
The R80's custom 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies, resulting in a greater sense of "air" and "space" that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. Custom coated, woven, 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers produce a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone's ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. The result is transparent sound with narrow vertical dispersion, which reduces undesirable reflections, and broad horizontal dispersion for a wide sweet spot. Driven by a 150W Class D amplifier, the biamped R80 delivers an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience. Acoustic Space controls help compensate for room anomalies, and an onboard highpass filter to easily to add a subwoofer, making the R80 an ideal choice for any professional listening environment.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
- Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V, 60 Hz or 220-240V, 50 Hz
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 100W Class D
- HF Amplifier Power: 50W Class D
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 107 dB
- LF Driver: 8" Kevlar
- HF Driver Type: AMT
- Diaphragm: 6.8-inch2 (4,400 mm2)
- Equiv. Diaphragm ø: 3" (75 mm)
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
- SNR (typical, A-weighted): >100 dB
- Factory preprogrammed: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Standby Power: < 0.5W
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- User Controls
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- HF Driver: Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Highpass filter: Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
- Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Width: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Depth: 12" (309 mm)
- Height: 15" (379 mm)
- Weight: 19.8 lbs (9 kg)